Kier Starmer & Jimmy Saville

3 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Well even if it wasn't, I still can't believe that someone as outspoken as Lydon would CHOOSE to remain silent while Savile was alive.  After all, it would have only have resulted in a court case at the time & I can't see Lydon being frightened of that.  

Perhaps he was "asked" to stay silent? 

1 minute ago, Zinger549 said:

I think some people though Johnny was a bit weird. If he did say anything he was probably ignored.  The BBC did ban some of his music from  radio and TOTP.

I'm one of them. I thought he was very strange but then I was just a lad. It wasn't until I saw him on Judge Judy of all things that I grew to like him. 

• SFBeca changed the title to Kier Starmer & Jimmy Saville
6 hours ago, Baron99 said:

It is funny though, all these people who came out of the woodwork many years AFTER Savile's death & all the stories. 

What stopped the likes of John Lydon from speaking up earlier.  Surely nobody is going to accuse Johnny Rotten as being part of the 'Establishment'? 

Jerry Sadowitz referenced rumours about Saville during an Edinburgh Fringe show. I remember seeing hit late night on BBC2 at the time.

8 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Well even if it wasn't, I still can't believe that someone as outspoken as Lydon would CHOOSE to remain silent while Savile was alive.  After all, it would have only have resulted in a court case at the time & I can't see Lydon being frightened of that.  

Lydon didnt choose to be silent, he said he was silenced, remember it was 1978, he was only about 19, not as big in the music world as he is now.