Coming Soon: Climate Lockdowns?

9 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Health & Climate Change are the new weapons used by he left to tell us all how to live and think like them

Some folk just love to be scared of everything, I’ve had the fully masked all but running for cover when they see me unmasked out in the countryside.

8 hours ago, makapaka said:

How’s that work then?

It works like this....the left dont like something so they add the word crisis and then say its "For The Greater Good"

By using Health or Climate Chnage you can pretty much use those to any element of our lives....meat, cars, covid, alcohol, jet-skis, construction, etc etc etc

Edited by Jack Grey

12 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Health & Climate Change are the new weapons used by he left to tell us all how to live and think like them

I was under the impression that we had a Tory right wing government and not a Labour left.

I know it's convenient to stick labels on everything you don't agree with but right to left is a bit of a stretch.

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

It works like this....the left dont like something so they add the word crisis and then say its "For The Greater Good"

By using Health or Climate Chnage you can pretty much use those to any element of our lives....meat, cars, covid, alcohol, jet-skis, construction, etc etc etc

Waiting to hear who "the left" are, who are making all these unpopular decisions>

6 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I was under the impression that we had a Tory right wing government and not a Labour left.

I know it's convenient to stick labels on everything you don't agree with but right to left is a bit of a stretch.

There are two things there......one is that our current government has very left wing green policies that no one voted for 

The other thing is that groups like Extinction Rebellion are not in government but they are demanding we change our lives by using a 'crisis' in health and climate change

Also, many of our key institutions are left wing like NHS, BBC, Justice, Civil Service, Home Office, Education, Unions, Charities, NCOs, National Trust, Border Force.....these are the elements that run the country

Edited by Jack Grey

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Now, I’m not the smartest guy on here, but I’m pretty sure we’ve had an Evil Tory government ruining the country for at least the last decade.

But yeah, it must have been the left engineering one crisis after another.  Even when the Evil Tories were in charge, right ?

14 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

There are two things there......one is that our current government has very left wing green policies that no one voted for 

The other thing is that groups like Extinction Rebellion are not in government but they are demanding we change our lives by using a 'crisis' in health and climate change

Also, many of our key institutions are left wing like NHS, BBC, Justice, Civil Service, Home Office, Education, Unions, Charities, NCOs, National Trust, Border Force.....these are the elements that run the country

I don't know how you know what we voted for as I never told anyone how I voted and most people would say the same.

Groups like extinction rebellion are just as entitled to their views as you are. As they are not in government, they can demand, but not change, what we do.

That many of our key institutions are left wing,  is a sweeping , unproven and in my view, false statement, simply made to back up your views.

It has been proven in the past that right wing policies can be as dangerous as left wing ones, as Trump proved in the USA.

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

our current government has very left wing green policies that no one voted for 

it was in their manifesto...

and i'd be keen to hear which of their polices is "very green" ... ?

Edited by ads36

14 hours ago, hackey lad said:

What are your thoughts on this ?

I believe that the threat of global warming has been grossly exaggerated, and co-opted, and politicized by the Left, as a tool to cut off Western Capitalism's cheap energy, which fuels its prosperity and military dominance.

21 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I believe that the threat of global warming has been grossly exaggerated, and co-opted, and politicized by the Left, as a tool to cut off Western Capitalism's cheap energy, which fuels its prosperity and military dominance.

Governments love it because they can TAX US NOW for something that probably wont happen in 30 years when they arent accountable for their targets anyway 

Edited by Jack Grey