Coming Soon: Climate Lockdowns?

48 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I believe that the threat of global warming has been grossly exaggerated, and co-opted, and politicized by the Left, as a tool to cut off Western Capitalism's cheap energy, which fuels its prosperity and military dominance.

As it seems to me that it's RIGHT wing governments mostly, who are going green, I wonder where the LEFT wing plots are coming from.

In the light of all the climate change effects we are all witnessing, I really find it hard to believe that you are not joking.

11 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

As it seems to me that it's RIGHT wing governments mostly, who are going green, I wonder where the LEFT wing plots are coming from.

In the light of all the climate change effects we are all witnessing, I really find it hard to believe that you are not joking.

Overpopulation is the real environmental problem but for some reason the left dont want to talk about that because it wont be PC

They prefer to scream at white people about driving cars and eating meat instead

I do not recall seeing much commentary on here (in this thread, or any another discussing inflation), about one of the main underlying causes of the current food inflation worldwide, namely the unusual scarcity of fresh produce due to adverse climate events on harvests in the last year or two.

That cause is compounded, of course, by further factors, variously Covid impact on labour available for harvests, fuel costs impact on transport and, a UK special, resumed customs and labour red tape.

But it is fairly fundamental, relative to these compounding factors. If the produce doesn’t grow, it does not matter so much that there aren’t enough hands to pick it and/or that carting it costs more and takes longer.

Edited by L00b

4 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Overpopulation is the real environmental problem but for some reason the left dont want to talk about that because it wont be PC

They prefer to scream at white people about driving cars and eating meat instead

Overpopulation is not THE real environmental problem . It's ANOTHER real environmental problem. I'm sure you will have a solution for that.

Somehow, you seem to have got this overpopulation tied up with THE LEFT again without showing why.

If they are screaming at the white people, then this seems to be pointing to them (the left) being non-white.

That could lead people to think that not only are you ultra right wing but with racist undertones too.

Fortunately, the majority believe the opposite from you or we would be back to the 1940 -1945 era.

You don't need to listen to the left or to the right because the evidence for climate change is happening now and plain for all to see.

Edited by Organgrinder

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Overpopulation is not THE real environmental. It's ANOTHER real environmental problem. I'm sure you will have a solution for that.

Somehow, you seem to have got this overpopulation tied up with THE LEFT again without showing why.

If they are screaming at the white people, then this seems to be pointing to them (the left) being non-white.

That could lead people to think that not only are you ultra right wing but with racist undertones too.

Fortunately, the majority believe the opposite from you or we would be back to the 1940 -1945 era.

You don't need to listen to the left or to the right because the evidence for climate change is happening now and plain for all to see.

So youre calling me a Nazi?.......YAWN 🙄

Actually you couldnt be more wrong......most of the left are middle class white people who seem riddled with guilt so make themselves feel better by screaming at other white people

You only need to look at Extinction Rebellion to see that the vast majority of the people are white

Also, youre assuming that im white......thats racist

Im not ultra right wing.....im a Libertarian which means im liberal on some issues and conservative on others based on common sense

Facts not feelings 

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

What overpopulation are you referring to.The world or the U.K.

The old established so called developed countries will continue to be affected by the desire of such as China,India etc to have their cars,phones TVs etc.

The aspiration is understandable but the impact on the word environment is inevitable as they require energy and resources 

6 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

There are two things there......one is that our current government has very left wing green policies that no one voted for 

The other thing is that groups like Extinction Rebellion are not in government but they are demanding we change our lives by using a 'crisis' in health and climate change

Also, many of our key institutions are left wing like NHS, BBC, Justice, Civil Service, Home Office, Education, Unions, Charities, NCOs, National Trust, Border Force.....these are the elements that run the country

Plenty of competition but this might just win the most bat **** crazy post of the day award .

Believe me , the National Trust don’t run this country. You’ll find that’s a chap called Boris who’s in charge of the Tory party ,who most sane people will agree are definitely right of centre.

1 hour ago, atticus said:

Plenty of competition but this might just win the most bat **** crazy post of the day award .

Believe me , the National Trust don’t run this country. You’ll find that’s a chap called Boris who’s in charge of the Tory party ,who most sane people will agree are definitely right of centre.

Are you saying that the National Trust has no power? 🤔

The National Trust has come under fire after it published a list of nearly 100 properties under its management that it says have links to slavery and colonialism.

Members have threatened to cancel their subscriptions and historians have accused the Trust of being 'unfair' after the homes of Winston Churchill and Rudyard Kipling were among the 93 properties.

Critics have accused the 'out of touch' Trust of 'woke virtue signalling' and 'alienating' fee-paying members who say the organisation is simply jumping on the Black Lives Matter bandwagon.