Coming Soon: Climate Lockdowns?

3 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

So youre calling me a Nazi?.......YAWN 🙄

Actually you couldnt be more wrong......most of the left are middle class white people who seem riddled with guilt so make themselves feel better by screaming at other white people

You only need to look at Extinction Rebellion to see that the vast majority of the people are white

Also, youre assuming that im white......thats racist

Im not ultra right wing.....im a Libertarian which means im liberal on some issues and conservative on others based on common sense

Facts not feelings 

You can call yourself a libertarian or whatever else you like but your views are those of an ultra right  wing supporter so I'll stick with what I said.

I make no assumptions about your colour because  the colour of a man's or woman's skin, does not matter to me.

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

You can call yourself a libertarian or whatever else you like but your views are those of an ultra right  wing supporter so I'll stick with what I said.

I make no assumptions about your colour because  the colour of a man's or woman's skin, does not matter to me.

Thats fine....you're entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is👍

I love Jewish people and i support Israel

People like you on the left and your political parties hate them

So if you can call me a Nazi then i can call you an Anti-Semite  

Edited by Jack Grey

2 minutes ago, atticus said:

I’m saying that you seem to think that they run the country , which is beyond bizarre .

I never said that the National Trust run the country and you have ignored that i also mentioned NHS, BBC, Justice, Civil Service, Home Office, Education, Unions, Charities, NCOs, Border Force etc etc etc

Im saying that the left control the narrative because they have power over the initiations that are the structure of our country.

18 hours ago, Norbert said:

I welcome any sensible measures to promote good use of land and resources, public transport, plant based diets, recycling, efficient heating, insulation...and a few restrictions on over consumption too.

The article you link to is pointless what-iffery.

Not at all.

This kind of authoritarianism confined me to my apartment in Toronto for 14 days in 2020

I was prohibited from seeing  my family, I could not get necessary dental care (they were locked down anyway). No fresh air, no sunshine, very bad for my health at my age. Fortunately I happened to be in good health, so I survived.

We are all in favor of "sensible" measures to deal with emergencies, but when politicians are in panic mode, common sense goes out of the window.

18 hours ago, makapaka said:

How’s that work then?

Simple.

They declare a crisis :

CNBC

"Joe Biden calls climate change the ‘number one issue facing humanity’"
"Scientists say that Biden’s transition plan is required to avoid the most catastrophic consequences of climate change".
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/24/joe-biden-climate-change-is-number-one-issue-facing-humanity.html

BBC
"Arctic summers ice-free 'by 2013"
By Jonathan Amos
Science reporter, BBC News
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7139797.stm

The Australian
"North Pole ice-free by summer 2020"
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=TAWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theaustralian.com.au%2Fnews%2Fworld%2Fnorth-pole-ice-free-by-summer-2020%2Fnews-story%2Ff394a9053068e56e6827bd55a29236e7&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=dynamic-cold-test-noscore&V21spcbehaviour=append

USA TODAY

"The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change," (Democrat Congesswoman) Ocasio-Cortez says
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/01/22/ocasio-cortez-climate-change-alarm/2642481002/

Politifact

Al Gore said in 2009 that “the North Pole will be ice-free in the summer by 2013 because of man-made global warming.”
Fact check by PolitiFact: Mostly True
https://www.google.com/search?q=arctic+ice+gone+by+2005&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA853CA853&oq=arctic+ice+gone+by+2005&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160.12727j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The belief that World is going to end in 12 years allows politicians to justify any draconian measures to save the planet.

8 hours ago, The Joker said:

Now, I’m not the smartest guy on here, but I’m pretty sure we’ve had an Evil Tory government ruining the country for at least the last decade.

But yeah, it must have been the left engineering one crisis after another.  Even when the Evil Tories were in charge, right ?

The Tories are politicians, they care about re-election, they don't care to be labelled by the MSM, as "anti-science", even killers, by the MSM conventional wisdom of the day.

4 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Overpopulation is the real environmental problem but for some reason the left dont want to talk about that because it wont be PC

They prefer to scream at white people about driving cars and eating meat instead

Perhaps the left have heard that we've reached peak child. The world's population is only increasing now because people are living longer and is expected to stabilise by the end of this century.

The key to this limiting of population growth has been the education and empowerment of women. Educated women and those with access to contraception have fewer kids. It's usually the left wing that advocates educating and empowering women with the right trying to prevent it. (c.f. the Republicans in the US blocking aid unless it is not used to provide contraception.)

Just now, altus said:

Perhaps the left have heard that we've reached peak child. The world's population is only increasing now because people are living longer and is expected to stabilise by the end of this century.

The key to this limiting of population growth has been the education and empowerment of women. Educated women and those with access to contraception have fewer kids. It's usually the left wing that advocates educating and empowering women with the right trying to prevent it. (c.f. the Republicans in the US blocking aid unless it is not used to provide contraception.)

I think you'll find that the overpopulation issue is not in the west but in the developing world

The left better get their skates on if their gonna educate and empower 1.5 billion women in the next 10 years 👍