Energy Price Cap-What Are People's Thoughts?

Early days, my account shows that they expect me to use £139.95 p/m for my dual fuel variable account, this is strange as they are charging me £164.00 p/m. My annual cost last year on a fixed deal was £1190.00, but that was then, this is now so I have to grit my teeth and accept it.

The best fixed deal available to me is from Sainsbury’s and costs £300.00 p/m on a 24 months deal,  which is a trite expensive 😲. My prediction, for what it’s worth, it that when the dust settles we will be down to circa 12 suppliers that will be competing for our business, unlike now where they hold all the cards.

Edited by crookesey

Decent fixed rate renewals started increasing back in October last year, I decided to wait until my renewal in December when I discovered that fixed rates were as rare as hen’s teeth and very expensive, in retrospect I should have paid the £60.00 exit fee in October and opted for the best fixed rate available, but I didn’t, silly me. 🙄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/02/2022 at 22:15, Findlay said:

I've just had an email from my energy supplier to say they will be making sure energy prices are 5% below the cap so working back the units used, I will be paying an extra £63 per month from 1st April 2022!

Which company can afford to do that?

Way things are going, average bill could be 4k upwards by this time next year. All sorts of economic and civil impact if so.

A mate on facebook just posted the following yesterday, i think they work with furnaces

due to company gas bill going from £600,000 to £1,600,000 a year it looks like we could be shutting down.

If this goes on for too long it will probably end in redundancies

Edited by melthebell