Energy Price Cap-What Are People's Thoughts?

On 02/03/2022 at 10:25, El Cid said:

I did a comparison on energy prices last week, did a comparison again today and the prices are £50 higher.

I just did another quote and there are only 5 quotes, the cheaper ones are gone and the Scottish Power quote has gone up slightly.

The price of wholesale oil and gas, already at near record highs at the end of last week, have surged again. Gas prices rose TODAY by 41% to £6.50 per therm (the unit of measurement for your natural gas use over time) having at one stage hit £8 per therm. To put this into context, over the past decade the average price of gas has been about 50p per therm.

The price of oil has also risen, if less significantly. Today the price of Brent crude was trading at $125 a barrel, up from $109 a barrel at the end of last week, and a rise of just over 7 per cent. It is still almost double the $68 a barrel it

"Energy Price Cap - What Are People's Thoughts?"

My thoughts are that I'll no be able to afford any.

Thankfully, I'm way above the biblical three-score-and-ten, so I suspect it'll not bother me for very long.

Edited by FoxLady

On 03/03/2022 at 20:42, melthebell said:

A mate on facebook just posted the following yesterday, i think they work with furnaces

We have all got to pay the going rate, but Government must make sure critical bussinesses are protected. Like they did when there was a CO2 shortage.

13 hours ago, FoxLady said:

"Energy Price Cap - What Are People's Thoughts?"

My thoughts are that I'll no be able to afford any.

Thankfully, I'm way above the biblical three-score-and-ten, so I suspect it'll not bother me for very long.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

So am I Foxy.

3 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

Yes.... it'll not be long until we're all gathered round a wet polo mint for warmth....

I'm prepared,

I live in a big house with a big lounge,

So I've got a tent in my lounge with a small 1kw heater, lovely and cosy and a little window to watch the tele through.

My back garden captures the sun all day, so when it's sunny I sit in the shed, lovely and warm, even in the depths of winter..

Stay safe,

Keep warm.

8 hours ago, Padders said:

I'm prepared,

I live in a big house with a big lounge,

So I've got a tent in my lounge with a small 1kw heater, lovely and cosy and a little window to watch the tele through.

My back garden captures the sun all day, so when it's sunny I sit in the shed, lovely and warm, even in the depths of winter..

Stay safe,

Keep warm.

No mention of a chemical toilet in either tent or shed, I notice.

Is flatulence not a problem, particularly with a small 1kw heater?

52 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

No mention of a chemical toilet in either tent or shed, I notice.

Is flatulence not a problem, particularly with a small 1kw heater?

Before any smart asses mention it, No, I haven't got an outside Latrine.

3 toilets in my residence, thank you, keeps me warm just cleaning em.