Energy Price Cap-What Are People's Thoughts?

Findlay, 

Realistically there is only one way to save on our energy costs, and that is trying to use much less if possible. 

I am fortunate that I am the only  occupant. If I want to wash my hair,have a shave, or do the pots I boil a pan of water on the gas ring. No point in heating  a full copper tank of water. Not applicable with a comby of course.

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

I've already pointed out

Levies are a hidden tax, if you want to do that, print the figure on every bill, so that every customer knows what's going on.

Call me old fashioned, but if a company wants to put up some windmills or burn some wood pellets, they can borrow the money at the super low interest rates on offer currently and recoup the investment in the normal way.

Similarly if someone wants to improve the insulation on their house, save up for it like everyone else. There would be far fewer dodgy dealings and cowboy bodge jobs without this market interference. Heat pumps will be the next fiasco.

All those lovely (free but not free we paid for them) poisonous cfl's sent out by energy companies went straight in the bin when led's came to market a few months later. This is what happens when politicians meddle.

If an energy reseller is insolvent, they should go bust before spending their customers money, saving us £70+ each a year. Where is the oversight.

Edited by fools

28 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I thought the building was on schedule.  Another similar plant is planned for Suffolk assuming it gets the go ahead.  There was some fuss a few years ago about the rate that had been agreed for EDF to charge which was thought to be high. I'm wondering if the rate will now be judged to be better value.

PLANNED is the correct word, so years away yet, decades even, they havnt even agreed the finances yet. Latest news reports mention £100 million from the Government, so hardly cheap energy, but at least its more energy.

On 05/02/2022 at 12:21, fools said:

The cap from April is

G 27.22p/day  7.37p/kwh
E 45.34p/day 28.34p/kwh

21 minutes ago, Janus said:

What is meant by day?

I expect that will be the daily standing charge.

Edited by The Joker

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Is this like communism, the Government tell the companies at what price to sell their products?

No, it’s the most blatant failing of Capitalism:   the idea that greedy people will somehow work together out of the good of their hearts to benefit the rest of mankind.

Edited by The Joker