Kate Garraways Life Stories Itv.

pattricia

It was clear as day what was happening there, she was using the poor bloke as a cash cow for her PR company, even got a free holiday out of it at a time the general public were being told not to go abroad. He didnt have a clue where he was and arguably the trip killed him as he went away just as the first jabs were being rolled out to the very elderly (dont believe for a minute he wouldnt have had one in the first week).

She has spent the past year dragging his name back up in an effort to stay relevant. She now needs to sod off.

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

It was clear as day what was happening there, she was using the poor bloke as a cash cow for her PR company, even got a free holiday out of it at a time the general public were being told not to go abroad. He didnt have a clue where he was and arguably the trip killed him as he went away just as the first jabs were being rolled out to the very elderly (dont believe for a minute he wouldnt have had one in the first week).

She has spent the past year dragging his name back up in an effort to stay relevant. She now needs to sod off.

Could not agree more.    Yes Captain Tom did a very nice charitable thing but it should have been nothing more than a feel good filler at the end of a news bulletin.  However as per usual, the PR machine starts wirring and the gullible twitterati start going all gaga about it......putting him on a pedestal, declaring him as a national hero, portraying him as some beacon of hope .... it was embarrassing.

About time someone cuts the crap and has the balls to tell his daughter that her time in the spotlight is well and truly over.

As for Kate Garraway,  whilst I of course sympathise with anyone losing a loved one, particularly high-profile who has to go through the motions publicly....  But lots of people up and down the country lose their loved ones and they don't have the support of celebrity consolers, PR gurus, wardrobe and make-up assistants, drivers, runners....  

Nor do the majority of those people have a luxury and privilege of being able to put a sellable value on ghoulish photographs of ones ill spouse and open bidding for shows of emotional distress in return for a nice fat newspaper cheque.   Seems that the story has well and truly run its course and is bordering on manipulation and financial gain in my opinion.

Edited by ECCOnoob

On 06/02/2022 at 11:26, ukdobby said:

Ok if you want to admire someone who makes money out of her sick better half.

I'm not sure that's fair. Rich or poor, famous or not; she, her husband and family have all undergone a tragedy I wouldn't wish on anyone. And there will be people out there in a similar position who will identify with her.

Edited by Anna B

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

I'm not sure that's fair. Rich or poor, famous or not; she, her husband and family have all undergone a tragedy I wouldn't wish on anyone. And there will be people out there in a similar position who will identify with her.

Everything I said is true,why make a documentary on your sick husband,why release books?it's her choice.She's had more help than 1000s of ordinary people have had.

Looking after a disabled person is exhausting, both mentally and physically, and bloody expensive.

To get the best care quickly you have to pay through the nose for it, plus there's the cost of house adaptations etc. And it might not stop for years and years. I don't know her financial position but I don't blame her for trying to raise money where she can, while she can, to pay for it. She won't always be able to do so, so needs to think ahead.

She's probably doing it all for Derek. 

I don't admire her particularly, I sympathise with her and anyone else in her situation. They won't all be able to do what she's doing, that's the tragedy, but I know I'd do whatever I could for my man if I needed to. Give her some slack.

Edited by Anna B