Dogs Chasing Sticks, To Be Banned?

I simply can't understand why people ridicule Rogets...

He does make a very valid point, as Pattricia has pointed out, this practice can cause injury to the dog (splinter sticking in throat)

Surely any respectable dog owner would be teaching their pet more positive things like SIT or STAY.

It boils down to pure idleness on the dog owners part, dogs are intelligent animals, and should be treat as such.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

He does make a very valid point, as Pattricia has pointed out, this practice can cause injury to the dog (splinter sticking in throat)

Surely any respectable dog owner would be teaching their pet more positive things like SIT or STAY.

It boils down to pure idleness on the dog owners part, dogs are intelligent animals, and should be treat as such.

😂

8 minutes ago, Padders said:

Things have got a lot better since Victorian times 🤔

37 minutes ago, rogets said:

This is exploitation of dogs and causes unneeded stress to the dog

Bringing a stick back to where is was in the first place is also time consuming and pointless for dogs. 

This is also poking fun at dogs and also causes unwanted negative thoughts for dogs

Is it time that forcing dogs to chase sticks was banned? 

The stick is merely being brought back to the owner, so if the owner doesn't throw the stick away then the dog doesn't have to waste time bringing the stick back

Hmmm... :huh:

What if the dog is a retriever?

Banning stick throwing is obviously going to cause the poor thing even more stress, and it may well ask itself if it has any purpose in life anymore... :(

23 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

What if the dog is a retriever?

Banning stick throwing is obviously going to cause the poor thing even more stress, and it may well ask itself if it has any purpose in life anymore... :(

Mr. Bloke I would never question your intelligence, and I do appreciate your concern...

However a retriever naturally likes to retrieve game, so a simple remedy would be to sedate your pet budgie and throw it..

The budgie would be brought back to the owner unharmed.

This would alleviate any stress on the retriever...

Never ever a stick.

50 minutes ago, Padders said:

Mr. Bloke I would never question your intelligence, and I do appreciate your concern...

However a retriever naturally likes to retrieve game, so a simple remedy would be to sedate your pet budgie and throw it..

The budgie would be brought back to the owner unharmed.

This would alleviate any stress on the retriever...

Never ever a stick.

I'm not sure that lacing a budgie's millet with sedatives purely for the entertainment purposes of man's best friend is a good idea, Mr Padders! :shakes:

As you are probably aware, our feathered friends can easily become addicted to mild painkillers, and there have even been incidents where there has been a shortage of aspirin reported...

... because the parrots ate 'em all! :hihi: I'll get my own coat after that one!