What Was This All About?

Alextopman

On 12/02/2022 at 13:05, crookesey said:

Everton FC we’re formed 14 years prior to Liverpool FC but resisted incorporating their city into their name, does this constitute a lack of respect?

An interesting fact about Everton is their first game was against Everton and they won 1-0.

On 12/02/2022 at 09:36, prince al said:
  Reveal spoiler

Email
Image for 40 Years On… The Unwanted Anniversary

I remember that like it was yesterday. I’m sure Barnsley and Rotherham got promoted that season and Chesterfield had a decent side back then as well. I enjoyed our only season in the old fourth division, some of the old grounds were interesting.

Just had another look at that and it says Rotherham won the league that season.

Edited by websters gue
Added sentence

26 minutes ago, atticus said:

It was gutting at the time (thanks Givens day ?) but the season after was one of my favourite ever.

We were the big fish in the small pond and we had most of the minnows for breakfast.

I was fourteen in 1981 and remember going to lots of away games with my mate and his dad and uncle. Went to Hull, Stockport and Scunthorpe and the other game we lost that season against Colchester was on MOTD. Valley Parade was a bit naughty on that big open terrace with there fans on one side and ours on the other.

31 minutes ago, atticus said:

It was gutting at the time (thanks Givens day ?) but the season after was one of my favourite ever.

We were the big fish in the small pond and we had most of the minnows for breakfast.

Well even now ,the public ,media and soccer pundits still consider the Owls to be the big fish in South Yorkshire , The records speak for them self , don't they .

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Well even now ,the public ,media and soccer pundits still consider the Owls to be the big fish in South Yorkshire , The records speak for them self , don't they .

That's why you're playing Accrington Stanley this week.

Edited by Alextopman

21 minutes ago, websters gue said:

I was fourteen in 1981 and remember going to lots of away games with my mate and his dad and uncle. Went to Hull, Stockport and Scunthorpe and the other game we lost that season against Colchester was on MOTD. Valley Parade was a bit naughty on that big open terrace with there fans on one side and ours on the other.

Yeh the Colchester game was a bit of a shocker , think they stuffed us 5-2