The jury service queries thread

i'm nervous but also sort of looking forward to it as well

you will be fine, i enjoyed every minute i was there even the hanging around there was some lovely people to chat to , good luck do let us know how you are enjoying it or not ( you wont be able to tell us the juicy bits )

you will be fine, i enjoyed every minute i was there even the hanging around there was some lovely people to chat to , good luck do let us know how you are enjoying it or not ( you wont be able to tell us the juicy bits )

i'll let you know when i can get access to a computer, only really use this one at work, never get chance at home OH always on it!!

• 2 weeks later...
Just make sure your emlployee has filled in and officially stamped your loss of earnings certificate. And take a good book - a really good book.

No need to brick it, you just turn up with your papers, get signed in (all signposted) and go to a pretty large room, all mod cons and coffee machine etc, watch a video on your role and dos and don'ts, get talked at for an hour and then you're left alone. Throughout the morning/afternoon they call 15 names on the tanoy, if you're called, go line up where you're told, an usher will come get you and you go to a court room. 12 of the 15 are picked, the remaining 3 go back to the pool and are lead out again. Then well - listen and do as you are told really!

Nothing to be scared of but there is an aweful lot of waiting around. Drove me mental. The food + drink allowance is now about 5.50, any you don't spend you get back - at least it was earlier in the year! In fact the expenses part of the process was really very smooth.

Completely agree with this post, I was on jury service last October. The first week was very boring, just sat around most of the days and then in the second week got a case which lasted two days and went back to work on the Wednesday. Have fun!

Archived