The jury service queries thread

I have only ever been called for jury service once and that was in 1988 at the old Crown Court buildings. I was sat around for days on end and was only "called" for the last two days. It was a GBH case.

I got paid my full wages but things will I suppose have changed since then.

All of the above show on a CRB check,so i guess unless you have never been in trouble with the law, all of them.

This isn't true.

A sentence of more than 5 years at any time, or pretty much any conviction if in the previous 10 years makes you ineligible.

This isn't true.

A sentence of more than 5 years at any time, or pretty much any conviction if in the previous 10 years makes you ineligible.

Would a conviction under 18 require 10 years to expunged wrt jury duty, or a lesser amount?

How would a non conviction be treat?

Would a conviction under 18 require 10 years to expunged wrt jury duty, or a lesser amount?

How would a non conviction be treat?

Non convictions aren't considered. A conviction under 18 would be considered under the same guidelines as those over 18.

This isn't true.

My point was that no matter if it was a caution or just a warning it shows on a CRB check,so its a criminal record.

Non convictions aren't considered. A conviction under 18 would be considered under the same guidelines as those over 18.

So supposing one had convictions whilst under 18 (17 say) and a non conviction at a later age, they would not become eligible for jury duty until their 27th birthday, and even then it would be a statistical anomaly.

So supposing one had convictions whilst under 18 (17 say) and a non conviction at a later age, they would not become eligible for jury duty until their 27th birthday, and even then it would be a statistical anomaly.

Yes, they would become eligible for jury service on the 10th anniversary of their conviction (not their 27th birthday). Assuming of course that they were called after that :)

Archived