The jury service queries thread

Yes, they would become eligible for jury service on the 10th anniversary of their conviction (not their 27th birthday). Assuming of course that they were called after that :)

Thanks... :)

I'm not against jury duty, but supposing I wanted to make myself ineligible... :hihi:

Your work may pay you your full wages. If they don't, the court pays loss of earnings at daily rate up to a salary equivalent of just over £17,000. If your annual salary is more than this, you would be out of pocket.

My work wouldn't pay me anything for jury duty as they are registered in Panama and don't recognise UK or EU employment law.

And the £17,000 pa cap on compensation pay is pathetic. Average UK pay is around £25,000.

I was called in the 80's and loved it. What an eye opener!!! True there is a lot of sitting about, but people watching is interesting.

At that time one, of our neighbours was a local judge, he was very interested to hear about the 'doings' in the jury room.!!

It was a murder case, reduced to manslaughter, the young man got 4 years.

I couldn't do it again, I am 25 years older, and would find sitting for long periods unbearable!

I was called in the 80's and loved it. What an eye opener!!! True there is a lot of sitting about, but people watching is interesting.

At that time one, of our neighbours was a local judge, he was very interested to hear about the 'doings' in the jury room.!!

It was a murder case, reduced to manslaughter, the young man got 4 years.

I couldn't do it again, I am 25 years older, and would find sitting for long periods unbearable!

I could do it again, I enjoyed my first stint and I work in a call centre so I'm used to sitting around:hihi::hihi::hihi:

• 9 months later...

Whatever you like - logos are fine, not sure where you got that idea. Done it twice (lucky me) - most people were dressed casually or casual smart. One guy did have a tie on though.

Take a good book or two - there are lockers to keep your stuff in if you are fortunate/unfortunate enough to be called and sworn into a trial.

Archived