The jury service queries thread

When I was on jury service in 1988 I went in work mode as I had to go back into work if I wasn't picked for jury service on any particular day - so casual wear wasn't an option for me.

I was only picked once for a two-day trial so the rest of my "service" was spent in work!

Many years ago my cousin was juror on a murder trial. He grew a beard and wore false glasses for fear of being recognised afterwards by the defendent's friends & family. The whole experience traumatised him.

How did he manage that since you don't know who is going to get picked until you get there? so unless he grew an instant beard and had false glasses with him he would be recognised on day one.

He did say afterwards :hihi:

He didn't he said he grew beard and wore false glasses for trial in case he got recognised afterwards but couldn't have known that he would be called to murder trial unless things have changed since I did jury service

It just wasn't worth it. The compensation they offer you for jury duty is pathetic. I would have lost out big time.

This is why most juries are made up of housewives and the unemployed.

When I did it I got my wages paid in full plus expenses

Archived