The jury service queries thread

To the idiots that sat on the jury for the 2003 trial for the sportsman pub trouble.The one that took 7 1/2 weeks,and showed the sheer brutality of the sy police on the INNICENT drinkers outside and in the public house.Yes the lads retaliated with glasses.But who wouldn't DEFEND THEMSELVES after being beaten by clubs,fist,steel cap boots,dogs and shields???????This was all shown on cctv and police video.How could you find any of these lads guilty of VIOLENT DISORDER???........SET UP'COVER UP,by the syp,cps,and the Judge on the case(and yes i will name him)JUDGE ROBERTSHAW..SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!!!!I hope one day the real truth comes out,even if it takes years..:rant: :rant: :rant: WE WERE ONLY DEFENDING OURSELVES!!!!!!!

Pedro i hope you showed some common sense then with the lad who said 'i will kill you'.Loads of people say the same thing every day.Unless of course there was other evidence of abuse in the past,then thats different

Pedro i hope you showed some common sense then with the lad who said 'i will kill you'.Loads of people say the same thing every day.Unless of course there was other evidence of abuse in the past,then thats different

I did feel sorry for him, but apparently even if you just say " I`ll kill you " that`s a threat to kill. Him and his g`friend were as bad as each other as i remember.

• 6 months later...

OMG! I have just got a letter for Jury Service, anyone done it and can please tell me what it involves and could I be on it for one day or one month... one year?!!! I have got a 6 month old daughter and really don't wanna be away from her every day plus so much messing about with babysitters etc!!!!

Please Help!

OMG! I have just got a letter for Jury Service, anyone done it and can please tell me what it involves and could I be on it for one day or one month... one year?!!! I have got a 6 month old daughter and really don't wanna be away from her every day plus so much messing about with babysitters etc!!!!

Please Help!

I did it last year but the case I got assigned to only lasted 3 days. I spoke to one bloke who had been there for 6 months on a fraud case! Good luck

i had to do two weeks. It involved sitting waiting for a case for about a week doing nothing.

I then got a case which lasted 3 days. After this, we were discharged.

You'll need to sort a baby sitter from 9 - 5 every day of your service, just in case you do get a case. Other days you may well be home by two or earlier, but it's impossible to predict.

Also, take a good few books.

Alternatively, you can defer, if you have a good reason.

Archived