Selling Quite Expensive Item On E Bay, Cautions, How To Protect Sale, Etc.

As above, have sold a few things on the bay but about to sell a quite expensive(for me) graphics card, I know to take a photo of the serial numbers, as scammers have been know to send a old one back, and i am planning to post it with full insurance

any ideas?, best shipper, card is worth 300

are sellers covered by non payment on e bay/pay pal?

been ripped off recently, don't want to be again

thanks

i wish classifieds were more active on here, much prefer to seel there.

14 minutes ago, gamezone07 said:

Decided to hold fire for now, may try in classified.

Get it on there. I may be interested.

I have to have a huge clear out and anyone who has bought from me in the past knows my items are always good. eBay does get a bit complicated, and can be expensive. Gumtree...what can I say, it's Gumtree! (a huge PITA)

A simple and secure method of shipping is what I call the silver label system from the post office. It is  guaranteed to arrive by next day. If it does not, you will be compensated. The cost is around £7.  This price also includes compensation for loss or damage.   However you can pay a bit more to increase the cover if the item is worth more than standard cover. Tracked and signed for too. I've used the system for cash/a debit card. Never been lost or late, because the PO would have to shell out.

Buy it now.

Whenever I have used 'buy it now'  it was an alternative option to using the standard  auction option. This listing price for BIN was a similar cost-a neglible amount.

Insist on  payment by Paypal, and payment as soon as item is won. 

You could try Shpock with a mention that you’d accept payment via Paypal Gift (if they still do it, it’s an option with no chargeback possibility), buyer pays first.

But for something expensive, you’d likely want to build some decent feedback on there first.

Basically, think of that option as “eBay before it decided to compete with Amazon” and went über-crap for occasional private sellers. And it provides the same local sale/cash on collection on top, that alchresearch mentioned.

Edited by L00b

17 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I've heard of people marking items with the pens you need an ultraviolet light to see. 

No sure if this is practical for you to do? 

I don't know if that system has improved but the last time we used it you could see the markings in sunlight.