Best Gameshows

cressida

Although it's been going since the 1990s  I still think 'Who wants to be a Millionaire' is top five,  I've started watching 'Pointless' lately and was surprised at how Richard Osman seems to have hogged the show,  he butts in at every opportunity when it's not necessary.

Can you recommend any?

15 minutes ago, cressida said:

Although it's been going since the 1990s  I still think 'Who wants to be a Millionaire' is top five,  I've started watching 'Pointless' lately and was surprised at how Richard Osman seems to have hogged the show,  he butts in at every opportunity when it's not necessary.

Can you recommend any?

There are plenty of good game shows but these days its the rubbish game show host who spoil em.  :roll:

27 minutes ago, cressida said:

Can you recommend any?

The best game shows and presenters are long gone, but I agree on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

It still appeals and like you, I sometimes watch the old versions with Tarrant.

Today, if really bored, I'd say The Chase is okay, and even its extention, Beat the Chasers. I sometimes watch Lingo, only because it helps my daughters English!

I liked Tenable, but that's not currently on- Lingo has taken the 3pm slot.

They tried to bring back versions of Family Fortunes, Catchphrase , Strike it Lucky,  Price is Right,  but like Presley said, the presenters today just don't cut it.

Tenable is ok but the host Warwick Davies pulls it through,he’s quite good.

The one David Mitchell’s wife does is above my station.

The ones which put so called celebs on I just turn off.

Shooting stars was funny.

Edited by ukdobby

52 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

There are plenty of good game shows but these days its the rubbish game show host who spoil em.  :roll:

I think worse than the hosts is the fact that every remake of a game show these days, particularly on ITV, has to involve the word 'celebrity'.

It's no longer seems to be about ordinary people winning money or prizes, it seems to be more about raising the profile of that bird from that docusoap 10 years ago or plugging some album from some has been crooner from the  80s whose run out of money.

I saw online earlier this week that the proposed remake of Stars in Their Eyes now appears to be coming with some celeb filled judging panel. Why? The originals never did.  It is not the X Factor where they are going to win some recording contract, I just don't get it. ITV again pushing and pushing that lowest common denominator - If your name is not down on their ever decreasing list of approved "faces" you ain't getting in.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

I think worse than the hosts is the fact that every remake of a game show these days, particularly on ITV, has to involve the word 'celebrity'.

It's no longer seems to be about Ordinary People winning money or prizes, it seems to be more about out out raising the profile of that bird from that docusoap 10 years ago go for booking some album from some has been crooner from the early 80s whose run out of money.

I saw online earlier this week that the proposed remake of Stars in Their Eyes now appears to be coming with some celeb filled judging panel. Why? The originals never did.  It is not the X Factor where they are going to win some recording contract, I just don't get it. ITV again pushing and pushing that lowest common denominator.

I Totally agree with your post.  I actually would like to see the  Ant and Dec jungle caper with ordinary people in it and strictly back to its original format, which was  come dancing with ordinary people, these days  so called Celebs and has been Celebs have accomplished their goals  today or in the past,  it's time the ordinary jo public got  a chance.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Sundays not Sunday without a bit of Bully :thumbsup:

Yes ya can"t beat a bit o bully, :hihi:  Here's what ya  could have won ,  I for one wouldn't have been bothered with some of the daft star prizes on offer, I don't think a speed boat would be any good living in the middle of  sheffield, its either sell it or speed up and down the Don, the bus fare home was probably a better offer.   Jim Bowen was a rubbish game show host but the clangers he dropped were funny, same with Larry Grayson, when he messed up he infact was hillarious. :hihi: