Comedy Isn't Very Good Anymore

3 hours ago, cressida said:

True,  and those who have posted humour which is disagreeable we  are now in the know as regards to their personality would you say?

I wouldn't say so. You can laugh at a joke without also agreeing with the subject matter. Laughing at the "Two cannibals eating a clown" doesn't mean you think cannibalism is a positive life choice... it's just a joke.

I'm a metal fan and listen to many songs about death, murder, serial killers, but I don't get the urge to run around Sheffield with a large knife.  If someone laughs at a dark joke, the only thing I take from it is that they have a dark sense of humour and aren't -ist/-phobic/a supporter of genocide etc. Some may be, but there's obviously something wrong with them. Most regular people can differentiate between a joke and real life.

6 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

I'm a metal fan and listen to many songs about death, murder, serial killers, but I don't get the urge to run around Sheffield with a large knife. 

Rap music always seems to get a easy pass

The music is filled with violence, misogyny, drug references, homophobia and racism

But no one ever says anything

I guess they could call it 'black privilege' 🤔

7 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

I wouldn't say so. You can laugh at a joke without also agreeing with the subject matter. Laughing at the "Two cannibals eating a clown" doesn't mean you think cannibalism is a positive life choice... it's just a joke.

I'm a metal fan and listen to many songs about death, murder, serial killers, but I don't get the urge to run around Sheffield with a large knife.  If someone laughs at a dark joke, the only thing I take from it is that they have a dark sense of humour and aren't -ist/-phobic/a supporter of genocide etc. Some may be, but there's obviously something wrong with them. Most regular people can differentiate between a joke and real life.

Hmmm... :huh:

But there does seem to be a worryingly increasing number who can't these days... :(