Input Studio In Sheffield 70'S - 80'S

Diteli

I'm making a documentary about a musician who played and recorded a lot in Sheffield in the early 1980's and one of the places he recorded at was Input Studio. 

Does anyone have any info of the studio from around that time and who ran it and exactly where it was etc? One of the engineers was a chap called 'Ozzie' I think...

Photo's of the front of the studio from that time would also be brilliant if anyone has any? 

The chap in question, Peter Boam, was in a band called Mortuary in Wax and was also in Pulp for a short time and appeared on the first Pulp album. If anyone has any other info please get in touch at david@ditelirecords.co.uk 

Here is the trailer for the documentary https://youtu.be/L-Ez0A2iD6c

Many thanks

David

Hi Diteli.  Look at a post on here from March 20.  2020    By Newbi_1

Title Monumental Studio's Sheffield  .....

It is mentioned that the Studio was at the Britannia Works, old Henry Dixons Ltd,

and that there ' WAS ANOTHER STUDIO' in the same building.

Could it possibly be  the Input Studio  ?

• 2 weeks later...

I/we rented a rehearsal room just off Devonshire Green, round the corner from the Forum, owned by Steve Singleton, it had been a studio control room and had bass traps at one end. It was above a café similar to the one pictured. I have pictures of us in and around the building if it's any use.