What Is It With The 20% Increases On Food?

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

No, Starmer won't do it any more than Blair did. Corbyn would have tried, which is why he wasn't allowed anywhere near power.

I forgot to mention in the above post 241 what is arguably the worst thing the Tories have done over the last 12 years  is quietly whittle away at our rights and ability to protest, helped very much by Covid. (How many of the Covid rules are still on the statute books to be wheeled out when it suits them as 'THE LAW!' regardless of circumstances.) 

We won't miss them until things are so bad we need to protest against this rightwing, neoliberal,  fascist regime. 

I seem to recall Hitler did a similar thing in Germany, but that could never happen here could it?    

Come on Anna.

You were doing so well until you mentioned the 'H' word and the 'Right wing stuff'

Tanks rolling in from a 'Communist' regime into a neighbouring  country could never happen in this day  and age could it?

Keep safe Girl 8)

PS. pastas still only 29p at Aldi 

& things are only dear or a rip off if you buy them.

Buy something else or buy the equivalent alternative.

Hovis 50/50 £1.10p Aldi 50/50 55p per loaf = No brainer.

stay safe & eat wise and often :thumbsup:

Edited by Rockers rule
-

I keep seeing adverts on tv with the various 'big', long established UK supermarkets bragging about price matches, usually matching their prices with Aldi or Lidl & how great they are for doing so. 

Here's an idea, Sainsbury's, Tesco's, Asda et al, try undercutting the likes of Aldi & Lidl on at least your own brand goods. 

27 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Milk up again in Asda, 2 litres now £1.60. Up from 99p not very long ago.

That's ASDA price though, cheaper elsewhere. At Sainsbury its £1.35 for 4 pts and they also price match Aldi on many items. ASDA now seem to milking the situation and upping prices on all ASDA groceries regardless. 

On 10/06/2022 at 06:44, ukdobby said:

Bog roll gone up 80p to £3.20 at Sainsburys,looks like the newspapers will come in handy.

I don't know where you're looking. 

Firstly I have never seen any multi loo roll packs for less than £1.    But even if they were 80p  they are still selling a 4 packs of loo roll from £1.75 certainly not £3.20.

Perhaps you need to start looking the shelf below and going for a home brand rather than big label.

After all, It's not quite like a Gucci handbag or Chanel suit. I don't think someone is really that bothered what "brand" gets seen flushed down the pan. I hardly think the neighbours are going to be judging.  

Edited by ECCOnoob

55 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

That's ASDA price though, cheaper elsewhere. At Sainsbury its £1.35 for 4 pts and they also price match Aldi on many items. ASDA now seem to milking the situation and upping prices on all ASDA groceries regardless. 

I usually buy at Aldi or Lidl so was quite surprised at Asda price