What Is It With The 20% Increases On Food?

3 hours ago, LovePotion said:

Simple doesn't always mean better, ECCOnoob 😉. I never said I would like to go back to those times. I will happily spend £18-£19 on a main in a pub if the pub is a premium quality place, like The Fox House. I do think maternity/paternity leave should be capped at a certain length though, some people are off for a whole year! I'd say 2 months after the due date.

Fox House is a chain pub. Went in a few years ago, what a mess. Uncleared plates and glass on every surface.

The BBC were running a report last week on the price rises of staple goods & said that the price of pasta has shot up by 50%.  Well walk into Sainsburys & there is quite a range of dried pasta to choose from.  Spaghetti for instance ranges from a substantial pack at 40p up to a smaller sized pack at £1.70 with a fancy Italian name & garish packaging. 

Now when both are covered in tomato sauce, again there's a range of sauces at a range of prices, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.  

If people decide to pay over the odds to put a bit of food in their bellies at teatime, then they've only themselves to blame for not shopping around. 

Shop around, how true........

My lawn mower packed up Saturday morning, I've only had it a minimum of 15 years, in fact it's done more miles than my car.......

Anyway I decided to do a reccy yesterday morning...

First stop B@Q, I've got a 10% discount card which is valid on Wednesdays.

They had got just what I wanted, exactly like my broken one (Flymo 32inch), it was £107, so I checked that my discount card applied to lawnmowers, it did,  That made it £96-30 (I think) Righto, I thought, I'll get one on Wednesday...

While I was at Hillsboro I thought I'll have a walk round, might find one cheaper..

So I had a look in B and M's store, Ruddy hell, the exact same item was on sale  "Was £99 now £79)

So I saved £17-30 (Ithink) Plus I got a free garden strimmer!!!

I bought one straight away...

My apologies to Ken, but I'm not prepared to contribute to your exorbitant wages......

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Baron99 said:

If people decide to pay over the odds to put a bit of food in their bellies at teatime, then they've only themselves to blame for not shopping around. 

Are you suggesting that we don't have rampant inflation?

I personally think that the 9% CPI inflation quoted is rigged to make it lower.

RPI inflation is 11.1% which I think is more accurate.

3 hours ago, El Cid said:

Are you suggesting that we don't have rampant inflation?

I personally think that the 9% CPI inflation quoted is rigged to make it lower.

RPI inflation is 11.1% which I think is more accurate.

And I think it will go even higher. Many of us have been saying so since, about, err, March 2020.

Now why would that be......

1 o' clock news was saying it now costs nearly £100 to fill up a family car with petrol. I don't know how true that is, but if it's right it's extraordinary. 

At the moment cars/transport are still an integral part of the system so something needs to be done.

Edited by Anna B

8 minutes ago, Anna B said:

1 o' clock news was saying it now costs nearly £100 to fill up a family car with petrol. I don't know how true that is, but if it's right it's extraordinary. 

It's very true. Smaller cars like a Fiesta will be around £70 currently too.

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

While ever this lot  of rich liars are in nothing will go down in price, the only thing that is going down for sure, is this Country,  right down the Pan.  :roll:

Indeed. And after 12 years of Tory management it's well on its way down....

3 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

While ever this lot  of rich liars are in nothing will go down in price, the only thing that is going down for sure, is this Country,  right down the Pan.  :roll:

I wish you would post something positive once in a while Mr. P.

If your not sniping at the Royals, or the government, and even David Williams lipstick, and heaven forbid, you have the audacity to have a pop at Amanda....

Shame on you!