What Is It With The 20% Increases On Food?

7 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Well walk into Sainsburys & there is quite a range of dried pasta to choose from.  Spaghetti for instance ranges from a substantial pack at 40p up to a smaller sized pack at £1.70 with a fancy Italian name & garish packaging. 

If people decide to pay over the odds to put a bit of food in their bellies at teatime, then they've only themselves to blame for not shopping around. 

What percentage of adults do you think need to be told that different products have different prices.

Odd choice of supermarket for a lecture on money saving.

12 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Instead of having monetory credit, they give you a social credit, all electronic. If you obey their orders you can use the credit to buy things. If you don't obey, they can electronically shut down your access to it. They control what you buy and how much you buy. It's ghastly. We can't let it happen. 

I agree totally.

'Computer says no. 'I've also been saying similar things on several threads,  but I didn't know it had a proper name. Thankyou

23 minutes ago, Padders said:

I wish you would post something positive once in a while Mr. P.

If your not sniping at the Royals, or the government, and even David Williams lipstick, and heaven forbid, you have the audacity to have a pop at Amanda....

Shame on you!

Shame on me because I have an opinion on an untrustworthy Goverment who is making a mess of this country and its not sniping at the Royals when it comes to corona virus Andrew who has brought shame on his family,  so point the shame blame on them not me, and shame on Amanda for lending Walliams her lipstick, you can tell it hers, its common just like her Hyena laugh.  :roll:

29 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

Instead of having monetory credit, they give you a social credit, all electronic. If you obey their orders you can use the credit to buy things. If you don't obey, they can electronically shut down your access to it. They control what you buy and how much you buy. It's ghastly. We can't let it happen. 

We're supposed to have flying cars and hoverboards by now too but we dont

49 minutes ago, melthebell said:

We may not have flying cars or hover boards, but even you have to admit that things are going downhill fast for a lot of people. And that a lot of this has long been predicted as the wanted outcome of the 'pandemic' by so called 'conspiracy theorists.' Which makes me wonder if they may have a point.

35 minutes ago, melthebell said:

You missed out living on the moon...... :)

But it would be nice to think that this or any future government would also put a windfall tax on supermarket profits as well. The big supermarkets seem to be ripping people off at the moment using inflation as an excuse to up prices on items that should not be affected that much.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anna B said:

We may not have flying cars or hover boards, but even you have to admit that things are going downhill fast for a lot of people. And that a lot of this has long been predicted as the wanted outcome of the 'pandemic' by so called 'conspiracy theorists.' Which makes me wonder if they may have a point.

Not really no.

Some bad stuff is cos of covid, some bad stuff is cos of brexit, some of the bad stuff is cos of the war in Ukraine.

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Not really no.

Some bad stuff is cos of covid, some bad stuff is cos of brexit, some of the bad stuff is cos of the war in Ukraine.

And a lot of the bad stuff began before any of those happened and the Tories did nothing about it.  Now these have become the stock excuse for still doing nothing  and exacerbating the situation. 

I remember after the financial crisis foodbanks began springing up. The Tories (including some on here) denied they were happening. Then they said they were unnecessary, Then they said they were only being used by scammers- who would turn down free food? (This in spite of the oft repeated fact that it needed a referral from a reconised official body to use them. )

Now they have proliferated all over the country and even full time working men and women are having to use them. This is just an example. There are more.

We are the fifth richest country in the world.

What happened? 

Edited by Anna B

12 minutes ago, Anna B said:

And a lot of the bad stuff began before any of those happened and the Tories did nothing about it.  Now these have become the stock excuse for still doing nothing  and exacerbating the situation. 

I remember after the financial crisis foodbanks began springing up. The Tories (including some on here) denied they were happening. Then they said they were unnecessary, Then they said they were only being used by scammers- who would turn down free food? (This in spite of the oft repeated fact that it needed a referral from a reconised official body to use them. )

Now they have proliferated all over the country and even full time working men and women are having to use them. This is just an example. There are more.

We are the fifth richest country in the world.

What happened? 

you seem to be muddling up all of the negatives, if you think things through you can probably put a cause on everything.

Foodbanks - tory greed

yes i agree

But then the consequences of the subject matter in this thread is completely different, and so are most of the negatives from Covid (apart from the well publicised Tory greed regarding PPE aquisition)

As i said theres various reasons why we have a lot of issues at the moment and they arent all from the same source, and nor are they from a grand fantasy concocted by conspiracy theorist fantasists, who cunningly blend truths and lies to hoodwink the gullible.