What Is It With The 20% Increases On Food?

I think we're easily confused by special offers, bogof's etc into not knowing the exact price of many things week to week. Supermarkets have all sorts of tricks up their sleeve to keep the customers coming, and they don't always play fair.

Remember their top line is still and always will be, to increase profits.

Edited by Anna B

Just now, Anna B said:

I think we're easily confused by special offers, bogof's etc into not knowing the exact price of many things week to week. Supermarkets have all sorts of tricks up their sleeve to keep the customers coming, and they don't always play fair.

Remember their top line is still and always will be, to increase profits.

Remember Anna, the average Corporate profits in your local food supermarket is around 2%

Oh, if only your beloved government agencies could operate with the same efficiency!  :)

I think I've found the answer to this cost of living crisis?

Need some cheap good food-----Read on.

Rats are eaten regularly in Cambodia, Lagos, Myanmar, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Ghana, China, and Vietnam..

These taste similar to Rabbit, they taste delicious when brushed with a moonshine glaze and barbecued..

They are also a good source of essential vitamins.

Coincidentally we have a poster on the "Get rid of rats thread"  (The Daddy) who is plagued by rats, and wants to get rid of them.....

Here we have the opportunity to kill 2 rats with one stone (If your aim is good)

Everybody round to

DADDIOS.

THE RAT FARM.

CANKLOW.

YORKSHIRE.

22 hours ago, cressida said:

I shall next time,  I buy the small ones but I can't recall what weight they were before in order to check the weight they are now,  🙂

Just looked on the Asda website, a 400g Warburton Toastie loaf (orange wrapper) is 85p the same in 800g is £1.25

• 3 weeks later...

I like the plan Asda put a promotion on your pop where you save by buying  a multibuy then wham this week you put a 2L bottle of pop up by 16.66%.  No wonder inflation is growing when supermarkets are  putting these high increases on products.