Captain Tom Foundation Under Investigation

3 hours ago, cgksheff said:

Not "out of the millions".

This issue is only dealing with first set of accounts during which £1.1 million was raised.

You will have to wait for later accounts to see what has happened to the £38+ million raised.

If it cost £40k in 'expenses' to generate future charitable donations of £38+ million, that is quite a small investment.

Captain Tom enjoyed all the media attention he received for his fund raising, especially when he celebrated his 100th birthday. Then meeting the Queen, he said it was one of the best days of his life. When he was a bit younger he was on a game show on TV. His family didn’t take advantage of him, he loved being in the media.  His body was giving up on him but there was nothing wrong with his mind.

I admire Captain Tom especially for his bravery in the Second World War and when he was unable to look after his sick wife visiting her every day when she had to go into care.

I’m not going to judge Captain Tom’s family until we know the outcome of the investigation.

10 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Captain Tom enjoyed all the media attention he received for his fund raising, especially when he celebrated his 100th birthday. Then meeting the Queen, he said it was one of the best days of his life. When he was a bit younger he was on a game show on TV. His family didn’t take advantage of him, he loved being in the media.  His body was giving up on him but there was nothing wrong with his mind.

I admire Captain Tom especially for his bravery in the Second World War and when he was unable to look after his sick wife visiting her every day when she had to go into care.

I’m not going to judge Captain Tom’s family until we know the outcome of the investigation.

His war record is here..........

For 65 years, Moore organised the annual reunion for the 9th Battalion veterans.