Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

Well, things are escalating a bit with the threat of Pea shooters (NUCLEAR) coming out.

After the last big playground fight (WW2) lots of kids (WORLD LEADERS) got together and made a big gang (NATO) and all the kids in the gang made a pinky promise (TREATY) to be nice and respectful and not fight each other anymore.

This meant not going into each others part of the playground (COUNTRY) without permission, and not throwing sticks or stones (HEAVY ARTILLERY) at each other, and the UK is part of that gang.

But then a new kid (UKRAINE) joined the playground, and a big bad bully (RUSSIA) started picking on the new kid, all because he is greedy and bossy, and wanted the new kids playground space for himself, even though he has one of the biggest spaces in the playground.

But sadly, this new kid is not part of the gang, and he didn't want the new kid to join the gang.

The gang all told the bully off, and stuck up for the new kid by hiding his pocket money until he stops hurting the new kid (SANCTIONS) and this will hopefully stop the bully from buying more sticks and stones.

They've also given the new kid lots of their own sticks and stones to fight the bully, because this is not breaking their pinky promise.

Even though it is really, really sad , all they can do is stand on the edge of the playground, watch and give moral support to the new kid, because we are not allowed to fight  for him, not without breaking our pinky promise..

BUT..... if the bully breaks the pinky promise and comes into our part of the playground (UK) without permission and throws a stick or stone at us, the whole gang (NATO) will come and help us, and they will ALL jump on top of the bully (RUSSIA) and beat him up.

12 minutes ago, Padders said:

Even though it is really, really sad , all they can do is stand on the edge of the playground, watch and give moral support to the new kid, because we are not allowed to fight  for him, not without breaking our pinky promise..

You’re perfectly entitled to join the Ukrainian international brigades, with the official backing of Foreign Secretary Liz Truss.

And if you know how to fly and fight a jet, the EU just announced that they’re buying the Ukraine a whole load of them.

👍🏻

Edit: there’s a lot of T72, T80 and even a T90 ready for use, if you know how to fight those instead. All have full combat loads, 1 careful owner, full MOT, they just need some fuel.

Edited by L00b

It sounds to me Putin is becoming desperate when he ordered nuclear weapons to be put on high alert.  Is it because the Russian invasion hasn’t quite gone to plan?  He couldn’t  care less about the loss of life.  We can only hope he’s bluffing when he says he’s prepared to use nuclear bombs.

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

It sounds to me Putin is becoming desperate when he ordered nuclear weapons to be put on high alert.  Is it because the Russian invasion hasn’t quite gone to plan?  He couldn’t  care less about the loss of life.  We can only hope he’s bluffing when he says he’s prepared to use nuclear bombs.

What should be our response if he did?

4 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I have no idea all this is beyond me.  What do you think we should do?

One hopes that they have already planned all this already. But even if Putin withdrew today, sanctions would still be in place for weeks/months and cause havoc with world trade.

What happens when a country launches a nuke, can they be shot down without going off?

5 minutes ago, El Cid said:

One hopes that they have already planned all this already. But even if Putin withdrew today, sanctions would still be in place for weeks/months and cause havoc with world trade.

What happens when a country launches a nuke, can they be shot down without going off?

Well I’m out of my depth on nukes being shot down.  But I thought the Americans were working on something that could destroy them, this was a few years ago when I read something about it.

Edited by hauxwell