Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Is it? or is it just being reported as such? Who knows what is true and what is exageration?

is it what? we can only go on whats reported since we are never in the middle of the story

Edited by melthebell

3 hours ago, L00b said:

The limit is obvious: a wider conflict beyond Ukraine’s borders.

Everybody and their pet dog is delivering weapon supplies to Ukraine these days.

So what should the West do when you say absolutely everything. ?

What happens if Russia decides to stop the supply ?

23 minutes ago, Padders said:

I reckon Russia and the West are brainwashing their populations to get ready for WW3.

Who by? 

WW3 is in nobody's best interest, in fact in nobody's interest at all to start WW3. It would be the end of civilisation as we know it. The politicians seem to be doing all they can to avoid escalating it. 

45 minutes ago, Padders said:

I reckon Russia and the West are brainwashing their populations to get ready for WW3.

Russia might be doing a bit of brainwashing and scaremongering with his threats of using nuclear weapons but I don’t think the West is. 
I don’t know if Putin has children, if he has he should be ashamed of himself threatening the world with his bombs that could destroy mankind and his family.

2 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Russia might be doing a bit of brainwashing and scaremongering with his threats of using nuclear weapons but I don’t think the West is. 
I don’t know if Putin has children, if he has he should be ashamed of himself threatening the world with his bombs that could destroy mankind and his family.

A war won't destroy mankind, for from it, will be left in a big mess certainly...

The mega rich or just the ordinary rich will already have underground bunkers with rations for a few months...

Us ordinary citizens are just fodder.

For those who think China will back Russia, possibly with economic aid, I would say no.

China are a very selfish country, well the government are, I cannot see them bailing out the Russian economy. In fact it'd be more likely they'd want a discount on Russian gas because they cannot sell it any where else !

You also have to remember that China and Russia have been almost enemies on numerous occasions in the last century or so, and that obviously includes when they were both theoretically Communist (though China was Stalinist - under Mao- and Russia no longer under Khrushchev).

It is possible (hopefully) that China will start putting pressure on Russia to negotiate because the war is not in China's interest as it will affect the world economy even if the war does stay just within the Ukraine. Any chance it spreads will amplify that many fold, and the possibility of nuclear war is certainly not something China would want.

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

So what should the West do when you say absolutely everything. ?

Everything. Isolate Russia to North Korean levels /worse than. Expel all Russian diplomats and close their embassies. Stop supplying anything whatsoever to Russia. Stop buying anything whatsoever from Russia. Build that ‘Mexican wall’, but around Russia and make sure the Russians known it’s not coming down until Ukraine is freed and patched up, and their own house in a better order. And in the meantime supply Ukraine with every last bullet, helmet, aid pack, etc. that it needs to keep up the fight, and look after its refugees.

Unlike North Koreans and Iranians, the Russians have known western standards of living, culture, consumption, aspirations…take it all away from them (as we are already doing, tbh) but harder still and much faster. Then see how long a civil war takes to light up / the oligarchs and generals invite Putin for ‘special tea’.

Putin cannot possibly turn 2022 Russia into 1942 Germany within a couple of months. Something’s gotta give. The harder we push -short of a shooting war- the sooner that give.

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

What happens if Russia decides to stop the supply ?

What happens if Hitler (Putin) decides go beyond Poland (Ukraine)?

If Russia stops the supply, we’ll be cold for a month until Spring is here, and we may have to take the bus/tram/pushbike a bit more often.

Now then. What happens when Europe stops buying much of that supply?

That will now happen far, far sooner than Putin/Russia expected, and so that’s another massive miscalculation by Putin. Rest assured Europeans who got themselves suckered away from nuclear into Vlad’s LNG arms have learnt that lesson.

Edited by L00b