Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

54 minutes ago, malcolmanderson said:

Hello. I am from Ukraine and this war in my country is the most terrible that I have ever seen, there is a lot of grief and suffering. Those who support Russia and its criminal actions in Ukraine are acting foolishly.
God save Ukraine.

Unfortunately those who support Totalitarian Putin, are China, Iran, North Korea, Cuba and South Africa.

And many others in the world, like India, and those in Africa and South America, who refuse to condemn Putin's actions.

There's also the Europeans, who are still buying Putin's Oil and Gas products, and actually helping finance Putin's war.

It's a complicated and dangerous situation.

While pledging "support" for Ukraine, the West is not willing to allow Ukraine into NATO, nor will the West intervene in any direct way.

Which leaves Zelensky alone, to face the Bear.

As a former actor, he may enjoy his new role as the Western World's "Braveheart", but at what cost to his people and country?

How far could Zelensky go in his effort to bring the West into his war against the Invader? How far should he be allowed to go?

He may be willing to sacrifice his people and his country for his just cause, but he has no authority to commit the rest of the Free World to a fight to the death!

It only took one crazed individual to light the match that started WW1, and another to start WW2.

One man, Zelensky should not be given the power to start a WW3. between the world's Nuclear Powers.

And it seems cooler heads in the West are starting to realize that, and starting to reign Zelensky in.

Edited by trastrick

As I've stated earlier I am in Eastern Europe at present and I've never seen so many spanking new 4x4 cars all with Ukrainian plates.

Ive lost count of the number of times over the past months I've been asked for money from folk claiming to be Ukrainian driving flash cars. The last occurrence yesterday morning whilst I was at a mall a large BMW with Ukrainian plates pulled up by me and asked for petrol money.!  I asked if they could give me some and they promptly drove off.

The general feeling towards Ukrainians in Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria is definitely not as gracious as the West.

Edited by Al Bundy

19 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

As I've stated earlier I am in Eastern Europe at present and I've never seen so many spanking new 4x4 cars all with Ukrainian plates.

Ive lost count of the number of times over the past months I've been asked for money from folk claiming to be Ukrainian driving flash cars. The last occurrence yesterday morning whilst I was at a mall a large BMW with Ukrainian plates pulled up by me and asked for petrol money.!  I asked if they could give me some and they promptly drove off.

The general feeling towards Ukrainians in Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria is definitely not as gracious as the West.

It's unfortunate that Ukraine, the country with a genuine moral cause, also happens to be the poster boy for government corruption in that area of the World.

How much of that Western money pouring in is being syphoned off.

Did Zelensky catch ALL the crooks in his government, when just this January he fired a dozen or so of his top Officials?

Does Zelenski have Swiss bank accounts/ Does anybody care?

Ukraine's Zelensky Removes Top Officials in Bid to Contain Corruption Scandals ...

Wall Street Journal

https://www.wsj.com › articles › ukraines-president-zelen...

Jan 24, 2023 — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has removed nearly a dozen..... top officials as he tries to contain a series of corruption scandals and ...

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

It's unfortunate that Ukraine, the country with a genuine moral cause, also happens to be the poster boy for government corruption in that area of the World.

How much of that Western money pouring in is being syphoned off.

Did Zelensky catch ALL the crooks in his government, when just this January he fired a dozen or so of his top Officials?

Does Zelenski have Swiss bank accounts/ Does anybody care?

Ukraine's Zelensky Removes Top Officials in Bid to Contain Corruption Scandals ...

Wall Street Journal

https://www.wsj.com › articles › ukraines-president-zelen...

Jan 24, 2023 — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has removed nearly a dozen..... top officials as he tries to contain a series of corruption scandals and ...

I thought he was out of order the other day and was quite rightly put in his place by the UK and America.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

I thought he was out of order the other day and was quite rightly put in his place by the UK and America.

I  agree.  It's not a good idea to insult the very people who are helping you to stay free.

4 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

I  agree.  It's not a good idea to insult the very people who are helping you to stay free.

could you tell me what the hell you are on about, if you are on about saying thank you, have another look it wasn't meant for him.

9 minutes ago, kidley said:

could you tell me what the hell you are on about, if you are on about saying thank you, have another look it wasn't meant for him.

My bold:  I have no idea what that means so we are in the same boat.

I am referring to   Zelensky  being angry and insulting Nato  because NATO would not let him join immediately and thereby bring about World War 3

What are you on about ?