Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

8 minutes ago, butlers said:

If folks want to help the Sheffield branch of the Ukraine Solidarity campaign please have a look at the link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/371689577824196/permalink/373233207669833/?sfnsn=scwspmo&ref=share

If you are thinking of donating, and/or in a capacity to help, please be sure to look into customs issues (especially GMR forms) before the stuff starts rolling towards Dover.

Edited by L00b

3 minutes ago, steve68 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/28/the-uk-social-media-platform-where-neo-nazis-can-view-terror-atrocities

When asked if he seriously defended his platform streaming videos of terrorist atrocities, Vahey did not respond.

I use it to watch films on that are taken down off YouTube. But yeah the less censorship approach means there is tons of far right, AND anti covid etc stuff on it

12 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Which media outlet gives the truest objective coverage of what is happening ?

I believe the Russian site I'm using for updates, was given by a Russian friend opposing the occupation. I posted it a few pages back

53 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yes I heard something very similar to this. 

We also know Putin is a hard man who wouldn't flinch to do the same.

We know that propaganda and misinformation abounds and is a weapon of war

and that a vast amount of dirty money is involved and money talks.

We none of us want WW3. In the face of all this, we should stay out of it and let them sort it out.

Take refugees, but not take sides.

Quote Sheffield Bricky: The Ukraine army burnt people alive, killed over a hundred kids and have killed over 20k people over the last 8 years.

That is horrific

Isn't there any country who could mediate in this war,  Israel was mentioned but no news of that?

Edited by cressida
To include Anna's Sheffield Bricky quote

56 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Yes I heard something very similar to this. 

We also know Putin is a hard man who wouldn't flinch to do the same.

We know that propaganda and misinformation abounds and is a weapon of war

and that a vast amount of dirty money is involved and money talks.

We none of us want WW3. In the face of all this, we should stay out of it and let them sort it out.

Take refugees, but not take sides.

Well I have been in Ukraine during the last 8 years and I nor any of my friends or family have heard of this. I am amazed at what you lot will come up with next.

9 minutes ago, cressida said:

Isn't there any country who could mediate in this war,  Israel was mentioned but no news of that?

Reportedly, Israel lost a national (civilian) to Russian shelling yesterday in Ukraine, as that person was making her way to an arranged pick up for evacuation.

Accident or not, killing an Israeli is rather the red line, to hawkish Israeli officials.

I’d expect that unofficial “gentlemens’agreement” which Russia and Israel have over Syria, to not be much longer-lived.

Besides, by augmenting strikes to civilian targets, Putin has made amply clear that he isn’t interested in any jaw-jaw’ing anymore. That’s over and above the fact that Putin considers diplomacy efforts as a sign of weakness. 

Edited by L00b