Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

5 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

You been reading The Guardian again?

Yes .

But that is from a Russian newsagency. An emergency meeting has been called for Friday  in Moscow 

Edited by butlers

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

Nope, a Russian website

In the wake of Trumpism, fake news means any news they dont like, ie:- almost all of it.

source - https://meduza.io/en/live/2022/02/27/russia-s-war-against-ukraine

Oh, apologies I thought martial law was someone could be shot on site if out after a certain hour. I now realise it's if someone writes mean things about the leader on Facebook.

1 minute ago, SheffieldBricky said:

Oh, apologies I thought martial law was someone could be shot on site if out after a certain hour. I now realise it's if someone writes mean things about the leader on Facebook.

and gets locked up...............

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

were they arrested?

Dunno I've been to football matches when 100 have been arrested. It depends on the country's police force and how they treat protesters. They might arrest that many every week. Is all this pettiness necessary. We're on the verge of nuclear war and financial Armageddon. 

When Russia and China stop using the dollar everything will crash. If Taiwan is invaded the USA will lose 40% of their GDP, we'll be badly hit as well. Taiwan produces 80% of the world's microchips. Nothing technical can be made without them. Cars, electrical goods, security systems, everything. Silicone valley is trying to catch up but they are still a long way away. Globalisation.

1 minute ago, altus said:

So he hasn't "ruined her financially" because she got some money from elsewhere and she hasn't, yet at least, had to pay "whopping compensation" because any judgement on it hasn't been made yet.

Now man up and admit you posted stuff you couldn't back up.

If you are so keen on Nazis in Ukraine, you might want to look up the Wagner Group and in particular it's head Dmitry Utkin and his Nazi tattoos.R6RcZyM.jpg.

which Russia are alledgedly using to kill Ukraines president and government, although nearly 6 weeks in they havent done a good job yet

Just now, melthebell said:

which Russia are alledgedly using to kill Ukraines president and government, although nearly 6 weeks in they havent done a good job yet

We can all agree Nazis are bad.

My solution = stay out

Forum Frothers = support one set of the Nazis.

8 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

A million protested in the UK. None of that means anything, even if its true.

How many of those were jailed? You're not comparing like with like if you're comparing the number of people who protested with the number jailed for protesting.