Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

19 hours ago, Dromedary said:

Buy it from the USA and other countries that produce it, which is what is already starting to happen. The USA has at the moment a surplus of Natural gas but it seems it is also now lacking in the facilities to chill it into liquid form for transporting. 

Start fracking in the UK.

Import gas from anywhere (except Russia!) regardless of the price.

Build processing plants and tankers.

Whatever it takes.

Screw Russia.

I am really encouraged by Western unity and rapid changes of energy strategy in the last week.

Putin has truly awoken a sleeping giant.

In 2 or 3 years time we will be off Russian gas.

Then we should turn our attention to China and wean ourselves off them.

They are just as bad.

They have the power to pull Russia back from it's path...but they sit on the fence.

This is truly a historical turning point in the West.

Edited by crazyhorse

1 hour ago, L00b said:

Probably the second.

There have been circumstantial reports for the last 2 days, of Russian military hardware getting shipped westbound from as far away as Khabarovsk (😲). Russia has got to start getting desperate, to be shipping khaki stuff from easternmost Siberia. Belarus keeping ahold of its military (assuming reports about that are true, but official intelligence confirms it so far) instead of committing it to Ukraine, must be another factor. The Wagner Group is also coming up from Syria via Armenia (still reportedly).

There are also mounting, concurring opinions by military experts analyzing equipment photographs, that the reason we see so much Russian military hardware abandoned/towed by Ukrainian farmers, is because it gets borked before getting to the front line, through lack of preventative maintenance (catastrophic failure of tyre sidewalls, bearings seizures, etc. through lack of periodic rotation, and use of poor quality spares (e.g. Belarusian copies of Michelin military tyres)).

I believe this to.

Russia's army on paper is very strong...but how strong in practice if vehicles are not maintained?

If components are second rate because corrupt suppliers cut corners and siphon off funds.

Also I read that every third battalion in the army consists of conscripts and they are allocated the duty of transporting the fuel, food and ammunition to front line troops.

They don't want to be there.

They are regularly hazed by officers and a few hundred take their lives or are beaten to death each year...all corrosive to morale.

Their pay is stolen by their corrupt officers.

They are probably already fragging their officers and sabotaging their own trucks.

Edited by crazyhorse

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

I think that is just about the most pointless post on any thread I have ever read.

And it's not answering the, admittedly unanswerable, question.

How would you answer the unaswerable question?

29 minutes ago, crazyhorse said:

Start fracking in the UK.

Import gas from anywhere (except Russia!) regardless of the price.

Build processing plants and tankers.

Whatever it takes.

Screw Russia.

I am really encouraged by Western unity and rapid changes of energy strategy in the last week.

Putin has truly awoken a sleeping giant.

In 2 or 3 years time we will be off Russian gas.

Then we should turn our attention to China and wean ourselves off them.

They are just as bad.

They have the power to pull Russia back from it's path...but they sit on the fence.

This is truly a historical turning point in the West.

Tbf to China, they are stuck in the middle, ukraine is their largest trading partner, and Russia are their Allies

Just now, melthebell said:

Tbf to China, they are stuck in the middle, ukraine is their largest trading partner, and Russia are their Allies

They are...but they need to decide where their future lies...

I guarantee it will be the largest pool of rich consumers for their products (i.e the West).

They know this.

Trouble for them is that Western consumers are already changing their preferences and trying to turn away from China.

I cannot see what on earth their alliance with Russia is giving them today...apart from Western hostility.

They must rue the day they cast their lot in with that nutter in the Kremlin.

The West is reinvigorated and has China in it's sights...I am convinced of this.

We are on the right side of history...and freedom will eventually prevail.

9 minutes ago, crazyhorse said:

They are probably already fragging their officers and sabotaging their own trucks.

For the convoys to have halted they way they have, it looks like there are many signs, lots of soldiers in the Russian military are not comfortable with their orders.

There have been three foiled assassination attempts on Zelensky, so there is the idea that high ranking officers are not comfortable either.

As well as the many media channels now blocked, Facebook is too with Twitter a battleground at the moment with handles like @RusEmbIndia and so on spouting their propaganda.

Anonymous have said for people to use Google reviews to contact companies in Russian cities and counter Tweets as they appear. If you open the tweet there is a translate link.

3 hours ago, Kidorry said:

The Russians have called a cease fire in 2 big cities and created  corridors for people to leave. Is this a humanitarian thing or is he giving himself more time to get more equipment in ukraine.

Early reports from Mariupol saying that shelling from the Russians has continued in disregard of the 'ceasefire'.

I'm seeing a lot of unrest in Russia, people aren't happy with the war, and the media blackout, and the protest crackdown, I see an uprising in the cards, I'm sure people like the CIA have noticed too

Edited by melthebell

Bloomberg

Putin reminds Biden that nuclear deterrence works

"The US president took office intending to reduce American reliance on weapons of mass destruction. Russian aggression should put that folly to rest.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-03-02/ukraine-invasion-putin-s-threat-will-mean-more-u-s-nuclear-weapons

Kept the World safe for 70 years or so!

Hello joe! Joe! JOE?

Lol