Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

7 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Bloomberg

Putin reminds Biden that nuclear deterrence works

"The US president took office intending to reduce American reliance on weapons of mass destruction. Russian aggression should put that folly to rest.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-03-02/ukraine-invasion-putin-s-threat-will-mean-more-u-s-nuclear-weapons

Kept the World safe for 70 years or so!

Hello joe! Joe! JOE?

Lol

Don't you ever stop and think....hang on I talk about Joe Biden a little too much?

37 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I'm seeing a lot of unrest in Russia, people aren't happy with the war, and the media blackout, and the protest crackdown, I see an uprising in the cards, I'm sure people like the CIA have noticed too

Wondering what can be done to enlighten the Russian people. I would think multiple things..

Something we can all do is to pressurise western companies to make statements on the war and cease operations within Russia.

Is there a list of western companies anywhere who are still doing business in Russia? I heard this morning, Samsung still operating in Russia, so pressure on them. Also, are McDonalds still operating in Russia?

The more all these big brands stop operating in Russia, the more people there (esp. younger generation) will realise something real serious is going on (so, not what they’re being fed by state TV). 

29 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Wondering what can be done to enlighten the Russian people. I would think multiple things..

Something we can all do is to pressurise western companies to make statements on the war and cease operations within Russia.

Is there a list of western companies anywhere who are still doing business in Russia? I heard this morning, Samsung still operating in Russia, so pressure on them. Also, are McDonalds still operating in Russia?

The more all these big brands stop operating in Russia, the more people there (esp. younger generation) will realise something real serious is going on (so, not what they’re being fed by state TV). 

Samsung have ceased Operations today

Just now, melthebell said:

Don't you ever stop and think....hang on I talk about Joe Biden a little too much?

Not at all! He's your Leader of the Free World. Unfortunately mine too!  :)

The very thought of sofa bound telly watchers urging the Ukrainians to fight to the death against the Great Enemy of the West disgusts me.

Joe( CornPop Killer) Biden, "Yes.  We, the United States of America, stand with the Ukrainian people".

"To our fellow Ukrainian Americans who forged a deep bond that connects our two nations: We stand with you.  We stand with you".

(But we'll do it from in front of our TV, 5,000 miles away if it's ok with you, so go get 'em, and stay safe!)

Lol

5 hours ago, crazyhorse said:

Start fracking in the UK.

Import gas from anywhere (except Russia!) regardless of the price.

Build processing plants and tankers.

Whatever it takes.

Screw Russia.

I am really encouraged by Western unity and rapid changes of energy strategy in the last week.

Putin has truly awoken a sleeping giant.

In 2 or 3 years time we will be off Russian gas.

Then we should turn our attention to China and wean ourselves off them.

They are just as bad.

They have the power to pull Russia back from it's path...but they sit on the fence.

This is truly a historical turning point in the West.

I agree completely, esp about China. What they are doing to the Uighurs, and Hong Kong* and what they may well do to Taiwan is appalling.

* Not to be trusted are they, just like Putin : " We are not attacking the Ukraine"

24 minutes ago, trastrick said:

The very thought of sofa bound telly watchers urging the Ukrainians to fight to the death against the Great Enemy of the West disgusts me.

Joe( CornPop Killer) Biden, "Yes.  We, the United States of America, stand with the Ukrainian people".

"To our fellow Ukrainian Americans who forged a deep bond that connects our two nations: We stand with you.  We stand with you".

(But we'll do it from in front of our TV, 5,000 miles away if it's ok with you, so go get 'em, and stay safe!)

Lol

And if they do step in it would start ww3, is that what you want?

24 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Lol

So are you suggesting the USA starts WW3? You think Trump bombing Moscow would've helped.

Just now, Kidorry said:

And if they do step in it would start ww3, is that what you want?

Reminds me of the kid who knocked over Aunties antique vase, "How would you put it back together?"  :)

Hard to put the pieces back together once the deed is done!

Putin took his first bite of the Ukraine under Obama/Biden with no consequences.

I would have voted for Trump to keep Putin from taking over the Ukraine, as he did while in office.

But here we are.  :)

Putin won the bluffing poker game with dementia Joe, like he did once before, under Obama.

Now the best policy is to accept you were played for a sucker, cut your losses, and tell Putin he will Bomb Moscow, (as Trump is said to have told Daley back in 2021, according to the YouTube video) if he goes beyond Ukraine.

I would tell the Ukrainians to sue for peace, and make the best deal they can, and end the senseless bloodshed and foolish and incitement of the Ukrainian civilians to kill themselves, to satisfy the "moral supremacist" cowards in the West. 

After all Russia is considered a better country to live in than the equally corrupt Ukraine. See:

https://ceoworld.biz/2021/06/20/the-worlds-best-countries-for-quality-of-life-2021/