Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

1 hour ago, Zinger549 said:

So are you suggesting the USA starts WW3? You think Trump bombing Moscow would've helped.

To be honest I don't think Putin would have gone into Ukraine in the first place if Trump was still in office.

He would have realised Trump was unstable / mad enough to use/retaliate with nuclear weapons. And the rules of mutually  assured destruction would have prevailed.

He sees Biden and the west as weak so he was prepared to take the risk. 

13 minutes ago, Anna B said:

To be honest I don't think Putin would have gone into Ukraine in the first place if Trump was still in office.

He would have realised Trump was unstable / mad enough to use/retaliate with nuclear weapons. And the rules of mutually  assured destruction would have prevailed.

He sees Biden and the west as weak so he was prepared to take the risk. 

nah wrong reason, Trump is/was mates with Putin, both chips off the old block, and proves he was colluding with the Ruskies

15 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Trump was gods gift to Putin.

Sowing division in the EU, telling aids he was going to pull the US out of NATO in his second term...

...Trump was doing Putins work for him, and taking all the flak for it!

More chance Putin was waiting to see if Trump was going to continue to do that before invading,  than Trump being any sort of deterrent.

Appreciate the first rule of Clandestine Military Operations is, you don’t talk about Clandestine Military Operations, but I imagine a lot that can be done using unbadged western military personal / assets.

Talking about no fly zones for example, would it be feasible to send surface-to-air weaponry and personal to operate it, in to Ukraine? Of course, we’d give any equipment a paint job (or report it stolen or something) and any personal can retire from western military so they’re acting off their own bat, or we can just give them fake ID’s, but we’ll still pay them etc.

1 hour ago, rogets said:

Been in the pub all afternoon and we all think something needs to be done 

I've just got back from Sheffield Lane Top WMC.

And we have a good selection of Commanders, Generals, Admirals and all sorts of experts in warfare...

Unfortunately when the Bingo started, they were silenced.

4 hours ago, trastrick said:

Reminds me of the kid who knocked over Aunties antique vase, "How would you put it back together?"  :)

Hard to put the pieces back together once the deed is done!

Putin took his first bite of the Ukraine under Obama/Biden with no consequences.

I would have voted for Trump to keep Putin from taking over the Ukraine, as he did while in office.

But here we are.  :)

Putin won the bluffing poker game with dementia Joe, like he did once before, under Obama.

Now the best policy is to accept you were played for a sucker, cut your losses, and tell Putin he will Bomb Moscow, (as Trump is said to have told Daley back in 2021, according to the YouTube video) if he goes beyond Ukraine.

I would tell the Ukrainians to sue for peace, and make the best deal they can, and end the senseless bloodshed and foolish and incitement of the Ukrainian civilians to kill themselves, to satisfy the "moral supremacist" cowards in the West. 

After all Russia is considered a better country to live in than the equally corrupt Ukraine. See:

https://ceoworld.biz/2021/06/20/the-worlds-best-countries-for-quality-of-life-2021/

Putin had Trump in his pocket.  Trump had told Putin of his admiration for him many times. He wanted to build a Trump tower in Moscow. He wasn't worried about Trump using missiles on Russia. Putin says jump Trump says how high.