Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

What will it take for NATO or the UN to grow a pair and call Putin's bluff?
Putin's already hit a nuclear plant with little/no regard for possible world consequences. At worst it was by instruction do so, or perhaps one of his generals has taken leave of his senses and ordered it? Or simply communication failure between the Kremlin and the field?
What next? Aircraft strafing or shelling a humanitarian escape route?
How long do we sit on our hands and wait for the next shocking news item?
It's beyond time for a no-fly zone to be announced.
Yes, I've read what this would be perceived as, but Putin must also know that he and his kind would be gone in a proverbial flash if he dared to use nukes.

1 hour ago, FoxLady said:

Yes, I've read what this would be perceived as, but Putin must also know that he and his kind would be gone in a proverbial flash if he dared to use nukes.

Putin wouldn’t be the only one gone in a flash.

As for a no fly zone, we’re told it would bring NATO and Russia in to direct confrontation, no doubt seriously escalating matters.

However, I don’t see why Ukraine can’t be supplied with the means to defend their own air space, surface to air capability etc. I’m not sure, but I would have thought, surface launched guided missiles that track and shoot down anything that flies, are a thing in 2022.

1 hour ago, FoxLady said:

What will it take for NATO or the UN to grow a pair and call Putin's bluff?
Putin's already hit a nuclear plant with little/no regard for possible world consequences. At worst it was by instruction do so, or perhaps one of his generals has taken leave of his senses and ordered it? Or simply communication failure between the Kremlin and the field?
What next? Aircraft strafing or shelling a humanitarian escape route?
How long do we sit on our hands and wait for the next shocking news item?
It's beyond time for a no-fly zone to be announced.

Call his bluff? Are you serious? Have a read of this and then let’s see if you think we should call his bluff=

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/putins-doomsday-device-dead-hand-26374293

55 minutes ago, mafya said:

Call his bluff? Are you serious? Have a read of this and then let’s see if you think we should call his bluff=

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/putins-doomsday-device-dead-hand-26374293

OK.

Picture this.

Say he orders his troops to wipe as many civilians in Ukraine as they can find. No limit. As many millions as they can find.

Open fire on the women and children on one of the escape routes. Wipe 'em all.

Make a proper job of the nuclear plant this time.

Raze every city.

Turn the country into a wasteland.

Still sitting on your hands?

He's laughing at us.

15 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

OK.

Picture this.

Say he orders his troops to wipe as many civilians in Ukraine as they can find. No limit. As many millions as they can find.

Raze every city.

He's laughing at us.

Got to agree with you Foxlady but the outcome for the world could be horrific ( I honestly don’t think it will  come to that) 

Edited by hackey lad

11 minutes ago, FoxLady said:

OK.

Picture this.

Raze every city.

He's laughing at us.

I get your point but from what I have gathered this situation has been brewing for years because he doesn’t want NATO on his doorstep. This video is a few years old but a professor of political science gives his opinion = 

it’s worth a watch.

5 hours ago, mafya said:

I get your point but from what I have gathered this situation has been brewing for years because he doesn’t want NATO on his doorstep. This video is a few years old but a professor of political science gives his opinion = 

it’s worth a watch.

I watched the full thing a couple of days ago. Agree, it’s well worth a viewing. Think it was recorded in 2015.

Also:

https://ian56.blogspot.com/2015/01/how-february-coup-in-kiev-was-plotted.html

Edited by Waldo

19 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

O.K. so Putin doe`s not want nato on his doorstep but it is O.K for him to be on nato`s european doorstep.

One is moving towards the other though. Putin wasn’t moving towards the west.

No excuse of course for the invasion of Ukraine, but it does seem like a complex situation all round, and the west isn’t perhaps as innocent as our media likes to make out it is.

Edited by Waldo