Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

About no fly zones, a British defence general or whoever, can't remember now, said it would work against the Ukraime too, they won't be able to fly and are doing well in the air. We ARE supplying lots of anti aircraft missile technology, stingers etc

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

One is moving towards the other though. Putin wasn’t moving towards the west.

No excuse of course for the invasion of Ukraine, but it does seem like a complex situation all round, and the west isn’t perhaps as innocent as our media likes to make out it is.

I checked this week, and it still ain’t NATO.

Through Russia’s own deliberate choice of an unprovoked war of aggression, Russia is moving west and, with occupying/controlling Ukraine and Belarus, will soon have NATO Poland, Romania and Baltics against its western border.

So, what’s Putin logic and argument worth now? 

Yeah, exactly: less than a ruble on 05 March 2022 😏

9 minutes ago, L00b said:

I checked this week, and it still ain’t NATO.

Through Russia’s own deliberate choice of an unprovoked war of aggression, Russia is moving west and, with occupying/controlling Ukraine and Belarus, will soon have NATO Poland, Romania and Baltics against its western border.

So, what’s Putin logic and argument worth now? 

Yeah, exactly: less than a ruble on 05 March 2022 😏

We were clearly talking about conditions which precipitated the war. So, before the invasion took place; NATO was going east, Putin wasn't going west.

Did you watch the video Mafya linked to?

Edited by Waldo

8 minutes ago, melthebell said:

The weird thing is with the aggression he might actually create more NATO states in the area

Yes, it does seem like Putin miscalculated Ukraine's resolve and how united the west would be in their response. Seems like a strategic blunder (on the part of Putin) for sure, this could well be his undoing. Just hope it all doesn't escalate and get proper silly if you know what I mean.

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yes, it does seem like Putin miscalculated Ukraine's resolve and how united the west would be in their response. Seems like a strategic blunder (on the part of Putin) for sure, this could well be his undoing. Just hope it all doesn't escalate and get proper silly if you know what I mean.

TBH I think his time is up I'm seeing so many reports of people not happy with it.

So many leaving Russia, so many arrested protesting, even top brass speaking out, it's only a matter of time.

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

TBH I think his time is up I'm seeing so many reports of people not happy with it.

So many leaving Russia, so many arrested protesting, even top brass speaking out, it's only a matter of time.

Agree with that Mel...

The Russian people are now calling him " President Nupti"