Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

5 minutes ago, Litotes said:

In the post two above you criticise people for making random speculations without having the facts, and then you go and do the same - talk about hypocritical!

Your guy says:

"Unfortunately, the majority of Americans are incorrect, and the survey exposes a severely flawed understanding of the causes of the Ukrainian conflict".

I found that rather patronizing. It echo's Hillary's "basket of deplorables" comments.

You don't need a degree in Geopolitical Studies to decide who's your choice for leader.  :)

16 minutes ago, Litotes said:

In the post two above you criticise people for making random speculations without having the facts, and then you go and do the same - talk about hypocritical!

He loves Trump and thinks he can do no wrong. Many people have said that Putin would have still invaded if Trump was in power.

4 hours ago, melthebell said:

We are laughing around the subject not at it, get a grip

It is you that needs to get a grip and try to realise the pain that you could be causing to Ukrainians in Sheffield who read your crass comments.

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

Your guy says:

"Unfortunately, the majority of Americans are incorrect, and the survey exposes a severely flawed understanding of the causes of the Ukrainian conflict".

I found that rather patronizing. It echo's Hillary's "basket of deplorables" comments.

You don't need a degree in Geopolitical Studies to decide who's your choice for leader.  :)

And once again you deflect the subject...

And are equally patronizing with your justification

"definition: patronizing: apparently kind or helpful but betraying a feeling of superiority; condescending."

I think Putin has badly miscalculated this operation. The Ukraine forces may be smaller than his but they are a proper professional well trained army and airforce who are completely motivated by their mission. Exactly what the Russians aren’t as we have seen. Western military observers are reportedly shocked at how bad the Russian army actually is and the fact that Ukraine still has armoured units and aircraft in play at this time speaks volumes. As expected the Russians have given up their stupid attempts to storm cities and have set about the usual terror tactic of reducing them with artillery fire.(The Russian army has an unusually high amount of artillery). Meanwhile the Ukranians are still fighting like a proper army with their often superior equipment. What Putin has actually demonstrated is that if nukes were off the table a stand up fight with NATO would result in his military getting the kicking of their life.

1 hour ago, Jim117 said:

I think Putin has badly miscalculated this operation. The Ukraine forces may be smaller than his but they are a proper professional well trained army and airforce who are completely motivated by their mission. Exactly what the Russians aren’t as we have seen. Western military observers are reportedly shocked at how bad the Russian army actually is and the fact that Ukraine still has armoured units and aircraft in play at this time speaks volumes. As expected the Russians have given up their stupid attempts to storm cities and have set about the usual terror tactic of reducing them with artillery fire.(The Russian army has an unusually high amount of artillery). Meanwhile the Ukranians are still fighting like a proper army with their often superior equipment. What Putin has actually demonstrated is that if nukes were off the table a stand up fight with NATO would result in his military getting the kicking of their life.

I thought the war would be over in a matter of days but I was wrong.  It makes me wonder if there are NATO soldiers in the Ukraine giving advice to the Ukrainian army.

Edited by hauxwell

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

I thought the war would be over in a matter of days but I was wrong.  It makes me wonder if there is NATO soldiers in the Ukraine Advising the office work to do

Yeah, I strongly suspect the Ukrainians are getting a lot more support from western military than we hear.

I don't want to take the thread off topic, but it's surely relevant to point out that while there is rightly plenty of criticism of Putin's regime arresting people for merely protesting against the war, the UK government is determined to pass legislation allowing any UK government to do exactly the same. So if it's bad over there, it's also bad over here, right?