Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

6 hours ago, RJRB said:

This is just as misleading and prejudiced as the first time that you used it.

There is a previous link to the Gates interview for anyone who wants the truth of the matter.

Lol

Lol

9 hours ago, Jim117 said:

Well done Chekhov, I thought you were a borderline troll. Thanks for being honest. We all need to challenge Putins BS.

TBH Jim I am running a slight risk having that flag on my site. Not losing customers, it probably won't have any effect one way or the other (and in any case one has to stand up for what one believe) but I am slightly worried if the Russians will try and hack my site ! I am not kidding, I get a lot of hits on there, including 5 to 10 a month from Russia, and them Russkies won't like that flag at the top of every page.....

I wonder if Aljazeera news is being shown in Russia , of all the news channels they seem to get closer to the action and the reporting is straight to the point .

So with the BBC and CNN banned will the Russians be able to see Aljazeera .

12 hours ago, RJRB said:

The cosying up that I referred to was Trumps apparent admiration for the strength of Putin which did nothing to deter him from his long term aims.

Well it must have deterred him as nothing happened untill  Mr Bidens watch.

6 minutes ago, spilldig said:

Well it must have deterred him as nothing happened untill  Mr Bidens watch.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/597523-bolton-putin-saw-trump-doing-a-lot-of-his-work-for-him

"Former national security adviser John Bolton said Wednesday that one of the reasons that Russian President Vladimir Putin did not move to invade Ukraine during former President Trump's term in office was that he saw 'Trump doing a lot of his work for him.'"

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

I wonder if Aljazeera news is being shown in Russia , of all the news channels they seem to get closer to the action and the reporting is straight to the point .

So with the BBC and CNN banned will the Russians be able to see Aljazeera .

I honestly don't know the answer, but I would guess that they would not be allowed to publish using the terms that they use on their English channels ... "war" "invasion" "shelling of civilians by invaders" etc.

.... looking further, I think that they can only be accessed in Russia by satellite transmissions (Hotbird 13, AsiaSat7 & Thor 5)
They used to be accessible on some cable channels, but that appears to have stopped.
I cannot find out if they have closed their Moscow bureau, but I would be surprised if it is still functioning.

Edited by cgksheff

Guest makapaka
14 hours ago, cuttsie said:

China has just warned that the situation is getting out of hand , Who will press the button first now seems to be a possibility.

Yup.It’s only going one way this.

5 minutes ago, cressida said:

It's in every country's interest to avoid that,  they must talk and take Israel's lead.

Does that mean letting Russia gain from its unprovoked aggression ?

What message does that send ?

15 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Does that mean letting Russia gain from its unprovoked aggression ?

What message does that send ?

The answer lies within Russia its self , but without media access for ordinary citizens there is notch hope of Putin being outed .