Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

30 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

If it kicked off properly between NATO and Russia, what would probably happen first is  the Russian army would surrender on mass as there is no way Russia could take on a 30 nation alliance - and their soldiers know it.

Let's just hope that NATO never get involved then. Russia would never surrender anyway even if it knew it was losing and would fight to the death.

Verity Bowman
Sun, 20 March 2022, 1:23 pm·2-min read

Russian TOS-1a thermobaric MLRS launch - Russian state media, RT

Russian TOS-1a thermobaric MLRS launch - Russian state media, RT

Russia has deployed TOS-1a Heavy Flamethrower Launches, discharging rockets that can melt human organs, Russian propaganda shows.

Video clips released by Russia Today show dozens of missiles being fired from on top of a tank.

I don’t like the look of this missile the Russians are using.

7 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I thought this aswell. Churchill warned Hitler if he invaded Poland we would step in, Hitler did invade and Churchill kept his word,  we got involved, we had WW1 and WW2 for reasons what is happening with Putin, lets not sit back and let this Tyrant get away with what the world didn't let Hitler ect get away with because putin wont stop at the Ukrane, he needs stopping, Its so wrong for the rest of the world to sit back and watch this happen,  get the worlds airforce placed in Poland and just Blanket bomb Russia into none existance. If this threat was really directed at the Russian people first its feasable someone would assasinate the Tyrant.

Churchill was advised on an assassination plan on Hitler late on in the war. Apparently he refused to sanction it on the basis that the Germans might replace him with someone who knew what they were doing.

4 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Cool story.

Personally I'd have liked wizards and dragons and maybe a unicorn or two but as fairy stories go?

Not bad 👌

The DADDY, just out of curiosity, how would your version of events turn out compared to HN’s?

13 minutes ago, Jim117 said:

The DADDY, just out of curiosity, how would your version of events turn out compared to HN’s?

Mass destruction for all sides.

Mass death on all sides.

No winners.

Plenty of losers mostly in the civillian population. 

To think nato would be capable of shooting  down all of Russian missiles is laughable.

Would it turn nuclear ?

I don't think so but if anyone with their finger on the button gets desperate then that could be a very real possibility. 

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Mass destruction for all sides.

Mass death on all sides.

No winners.

Plenty of losers mostly in the civillian population. 

To think nato would be capable of shooting  down all of Russian missiles is laughable.

Would it turn nuclear ?

I don't think so but if anyone with their finger on the button gets desperate then that could be a very real possibility. 

Mmm. I don’t know the actual protocol on using nukes but in the back of my mind I always kind of assumed that they would only be deployed if a nuclear capable country was attacked by them or suffering imminent defeat in a ground invasion. Unfortunately with a nutter calling the shots let’s hope we never get to find out. I agree that there’s no chance of shooting down incoming missiles unless our leaders have something up their sleeve that we don’t know about but I ain’t hopeful about that. I’m hoping there’s a lot of cooler heads standing between Putin and the red button tbh. Conventionally though I think Russia would get its arse whipped by Nato.

9 minutes ago, Jim117 said:

Mmm. I don’t know the actual protocol on using nukes but in the back of my mind I always kind of assumed that they would only be deployed if a nuclear capable country was attacked by them or suffering imminent defeat in a ground invasion. Unfortunately with a nutter calling the shots let’s hope we never get to find out. I agree that there’s no chance of shooting down incoming missiles unless our leaders have something up their sleeve that we don’t know about but I ain’t hopeful about that. I’m hoping there’s a lot of cooler heads standing between Putin and the red button tbh. Conventionally though I think Russia would get its arse whipped by Nato.

Putin isn't the problem. 

To be clear, he's a nutter, a dangerous dangerous man but he's not to blame for all of this.

As I said previously,  the problem is nato and America's expansion to the east which breaks the promises made to Russia by the west after the wall cane down 

The problem is also down the the slaughter of ethnic Russians for the last 8 years buy Ukraines armed forces which has sadly gone unreported by the west. 

Also the Ukraine does itself no favors by not disbanding and condemning both the existence and acts of the Azov Battalion. 

I expect to be jumped on and abused for these opinions as I was before (not by you I might add)and I also expect to be called a putin puppet of other such childish none by uneducated people who have jumped onto this disaster purely for virtue points.

32 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Putin isn't the problem. 

To be clear, he's a nutter, a dangerous dangerous man but he's not to blame for all of this.

As I said previously,  the problem is nato and America's expansion to the east which breaks the promises made to Russia by the west after the wall cane down 

The problem is also down the the slaughter of ethnic Russians for the last 8 years buy Ukraines armed forces which has sadly gone unreported by the west. 

Also the Ukraine does itself no favors by not disbanding and condemning both the existence and acts of the Azov Battalion. 

I expect to be jumped on and abused for these opinions as I was before (not by you I might add)and I also expect to be called a putin puppet of other such childish none by uneducated people who have jumped onto this disaster purely for virtue points.

How can you of all people accuse anyone of going for virtue points ?

When England were in the World Cup, the supermarkets and other outlets were selling England flags..

People had these flags hooked onto there car windows etc....

Why haven't they got Ukrainian flags for sale..

I want to drive my car around with Ukrainian flags on the windows..