Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

27 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Is Ukraine using human shields?

According to this, yes they are.

https://www.thedailystar.net/news/world/2022-russian-invasion-ukraine/news/kept-human-shields-ukraine-camps-say-stranded-bangladeshis-2976076?amp=

Now, if true then no matter which side you stand with or if like me you stand with neither* you must find this quite disturbing?

* I've said on numerous occasions I disagree with war Full stop. I support neither the Russians nor the Ukrainians. The only people who suffer are the innocent civilians and the poor mugs who are convinced, coerced or forced to fight for rich men and their egos.

Hmmm, and Astra Zeneca was a raging success?

so, reading the link that DOESNT say they are human shields, its got one lot of peoples opinion that it feels like it, and "if" Russia attacked, seems to be lots of if and buts

"Many members of the Ukrainian military force have gathered around this camp. The number would be around five thousand. If Russia decides to bomb or send missiles around this area, not a single soul will survive. In such circumstances, Ukraine will announce that Russians have killed civilians. This is the fate that has befallen us, and that's how we have become human shields," adds Malik.

strangely you seem to be focusing on 1 or 2 cases against the Ukrainians and yet ignoring the MASSIVE alledged war crimes Russian troops are alledgedly commiting.

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

so, reading the link that DOESNT say they are human shields, its got one lot of peoples opinion that it feels like it, and "if" Russia attacked, seems to be lots of if and buts

strangely you seem to be focusing on 1 or 2 cases against the Ukrainians and yet ignoring the MASSIVE alledged war crimes Russian troops are alledgedly commiting.

Underlined.

I posed a question. I didn't make a statement. 

Bold

No. I'm focusing on both sides however Ukraine seems to have the whole of mainstream media cheerleading for it sending a very one sided message.

Any war crimes committed by either side should be dealt with extremely harshly. I've never said different.

Putin thought this would be a easy victory show Russia's military teeth Ukraine rolls over job done. Every now and again Putin surfaces with an TV appearance he looks bloated and ill his speeches are just rambles banged together all reality seems to have gone. Putin sees himself as a latter day Peter the Great with a desire to rebuild the empire of old with eastern Europe under Russian influence ideally done before his death. 

He wants to go down in history as a Czar like figure would he use banned weapons- yes he would. Death and destruction mean nothing to him only the end game matters. 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Underlined.

I posed a question. I didn't make a statement. 

Bold

No. I'm focusing on both sides however Ukraine seems to have the whole of mainstream media cheerleading for it sending a very one sided message.

Any war crimes committed by either side should be dealt with extremely harshly. I've never said different.

Yay the magic words "mainstream media" :rolleyes:

What about a Russian news site based in Latvia since the Russian government shut them down?

https://meduza.io/en/live/2022/02/27/russia-s-war-against-ukraine

I get a lot of news on it from there

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Yay the magic words "mainstream media" :rolleyes:

What about a Russian news site based in Latvia since the Russian government shut them down?

https://meduza.io/en/live/2022/02/27/russia-s-war-against-ukraine

I get a lot of news on it from there

Not magic words.

Just stating what I believe could be fact. 

Edited by The_DADDY

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

:thumbsup: Say no more 

17 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Its also ironic you used a page from mainstream media in your quest to try and denigate the Ukrainians while also slagging off mainstream media lol

Yes I see the irony. However, better to give links that people will be more familiar with than link to non mainstream  as some people refuse to click them and other people just lie and call them unsafe links.

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yes I see the irony. However, better to give links that people will be more familiar with than link to non mainstream  as some people refuse to click them and other people just lie and call them unsafe links.

What media do you use for your news ?