Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

On 12/02/2022 at 12:09, The_DADDY said:

If there is a war then the blame will lie squarely with NATO and America. 

Agreed. Ironic given events in Iraq and Libya how Tory Ministers and their enablers in the media argue that NATO is a defence force. Clearly doesn’t feel like that to the Russians or  Chinese. More about declining American economic power than anything.

12 hours ago, trastrick said:

Today the sun came up, the Arctic remains frozen solid, the Russians didn't kill the estimated 75.,000 Ukrainians, COVID has been demoted to a normal virus, and life goes on.

The chicken little scaremongers are desperately looking for the next Doomsday Scenario.

well said! too much scaremongering going on right now ...just live a little.

6 hours ago, West 77 said:

Putin has played a blinder. 

He certainly has.

I love this comment:

“Wars in Europe rarely start on a Wednesday,” Vladimir Chizhov told German newspaper Die Welt. “As far as Russia is concerned, I can assure you that there will be no attack this Wednesday,” he said, adding there would be “no escalation in the coming week either, or in the week after that, or in the coming months.”

https://www.politico.eu/article/wars-europe-russia-ambassador-vladimir-chizhov/

18 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

He certainly has.

I love this comment:

“Wars in Europe rarely start on a Wednesday,” Vladimir Chizhov told German newspaper Die Welt. “As far as Russia is concerned, I can assure you that there will be no attack this Wednesday,” he said, adding there would be “no escalation in the coming week either, or in the week after that, or in the coming months.”

https://www.politico.eu/article/wars-europe-russia-ambassador-vladimir-chizhov/

Only a Democrat could believe that an enemy would announce the day of an invasion.  Lol

But then this is the Administration, who's top Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff, told the Chinese.

Don't worry, I'll give you a heads up if we are about to attack you!

Lol

But Putin has the Ukraine in his iron grip, with no help from the U.S. or NATO. No need for "invasions".

He can now take his time to get the co-operation he needs from his new (again) Client State.

I am seeing more posters sharing my opinion of the Russian manoeuvres, putin is testing the world but in doing so he has no intention of invading Ukrain. But the Weston world has got to take the so called threat and the possibilty of an invasion sereusly and react accordingly and they have.  

1 hour ago, kidley said:

I am seeing more posters sharing my opinion of the Russian manoeuvres, putin is testing the world but in doing so he has no intention of invading Ukrain. But the Weston world has got to take the so called threat and the possibilty of an invasion sereusly and react accordingly and they have.  

What have they done besides distracting from their tanking public approval, by creating another boogeyman?

"Blinken declares 'moment of peril' for millions in Ukraine, reveals how US believes Russia would invade"

In a tense U.N. Security Council meeting Thursday, Secretary of State Antony Blinken warned that Russia’s continued hostility toward Ukraine is a "moment of peril" and threatens global stability.

"As we meet today the most immediate threat to peace and security is Russia’s looming aggression against Ukraine," he told the council. "The stakes go far beyond Ukraine. This is a moment of peril for the lives and safety of millions of people."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/blinken-declares-moment-peril-millions-ukraine-reveals-how-russia-invade.

This Administration just hobbles from one "greatest threat" to humankind to the next one.

Don't underestimate Joe's ability to xxxx things up!

In truth this is about a local dispute between Russia who believes it has a vital strategic interest in its former client state neighbors, and the West who are urging them to "resist" but won't step in to help them, and have already denied them membership in NATO.

They'll sort it out between them, and "millions" are not in peril!

From this, Omicron, or climate change!

25 minutes ago, trastrick said:

In truth this is about a local dispute between Russia who believes it has a vital strategic interest in its former client state neighbors, and the West who are urging them to "resist" but won't step in to help them, and have already denied them membership in NATO.

Do you think the Ukrainians should be able to decide for themselves who they form alliances (economic and military) with?