Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

I hear Approximately 50,000 people from Donetsk and Luhansk have fled to Russia due to shelling and other acts of aggression from nato equipped Ukrainian forces. 

10 minutes ago, Padders said:

Getting very serious now !

I agree. It's quite worrying if I'm honest.

There’s been an early morning COBRA meeting at Downing St. I believe it’s about sanctions and sending more British troops to Ukraine.  I do hope they don’t send more British troops. 

I’m wondering how many other countries have sent soldiers to support the Ukraine army?

Putin has got the European Unon by the ballls , If he shuts of the gas they are knackered , he knows it , they know it , he will do as has he wants , The only thing that will hurt him is if London takes away all the billions he and his cronies have stashed here but that will also hurt our gangster financial institutions that help in stashing this wealth /

Stalemate .

56 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Putin has got the European Unon by the ballls , If he shuts of the gas they are knackered , he knows it , they know it , he will do as has he wants , The only thing that will hurt him is if London takes away all the billions he and his cronies have stashed here but that will also hurt our gangster financial institutions that help in stashing this wealth /

Stalemate .

Hardly.

If Putin shuts off the gas, there’s ample replacement natural gas supply available to EU states, just less conveniently close by. 

Freezing/grabbing his assets in the West will not hurt him as much as losing political capital with a climb down. The extra sanctions are already priced into his agression, as the opportunity cost of rejuvenating his stranglehold on Russian executive power.

Now, delisting Russian companies from western stock exchanges, expelling diplomatic staff, arresting agent provocateurs (e.g. Banks), flipping agents over, revoking golden visas, earthing Russian info networks, banning any and all trade to Iran-like levels, etc…

-basically, forcefully and proactively disconnecting Putin’s levers from those assets across the West, effectively taking down his network of influence wholesale and isolating Russia overnight-

…now you’re talking. Because sooner rather than later the starving, jobless and destitute Russian people would take him down by themselves.

Edited by L00b

My thoughts are with Mel the Bell..

Our government is considering requisitioning "The Endeavour"  and fitting it out with a nuclear attack capacity..

Mel will be promoted to Admiral Bell and sail the ship to the Ukraine.

Not entirely sure if this is what he signed up for.