Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

2 hours ago, crookesey said:

China appears to be concerned about it’s old mate’s war mongering, hopefully they will listen. 

I imagine old Xi is cursing Russia to high heavens behind the scenes. China now has a big Putin shaped hole in its BRI master plan. Added to that they are exposed to a potentially crippling amount of loan defaults and a property market teetering on the edge of implosion. The absolute last thing they need is secondary sanctions for dealing with Russia but hey, their friendship knows no depths right.

19 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Another tangent. You bore me.

So I ignored your first question to me, because I thought it was a silly question.

Then you claimed I couldn't answer the question.

Then my answer "bored" you.

I'm fine with that!  :)

3 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

Just been on Youtube watching some American tv interviews with some very senior former military officials, and they all seem to be predicting Russia's defeat and retreat.

Even if Russia was pushed out of Ukraine, Russia would just constantly and cowardly shell Ukraine all the time from within it's own territory like the lousy arseholes they are.

Be charitable and provide a few links then please?

• 8 months later...

Interesting events have unfolded the last couple of days, some "insurgents" dropped into Russia and been up to mischief

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65683374

Russia have said about 70 have been killed and they have been defeated, they also blame Ukraine (of course), Ukraine have denied being responsible and have said they are Russian groups that want regime change in Russia, which is backed up by the groups who have admitted responsibility.

Perhaps it's an attempt to draw Russian forces away from the front?

The Russians have built pretty substantial defence networks across all of the recently captured territory, it's going to be a hell of a task to get through that.

If some forces get taken away, they might have a better chance.

It looks like Russian defense-probing by deniable assets.

Ukraine needs to find the softest Russian underbelly along the entire frontline (hundreds of kms), at which to concentrate its counterattack. 

Now whether Ukraine controls these Russian units actively, or passively, or even not at all,  their doing that probing is very useful, both tactically and strategically.

Other, similar probes started today in other areas along the border with the Belgorod oblast.

I’d expect still more to occur, up and down the front in the coming days and weeks.

(EDIT: and far from Russia having ‘eradicated’ them, they are pushing further into Belgorod right now)

Edited by L00b