Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

7 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

whats MSM

Main Stream Media. 

Basically if any of the main newspapers report anything that agrees with your opinion then it's true and accurate.

If they report anything that goes against you opinion then it's inaccurate and there is a big campaign by unnamed organisations to deceive everyone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Well said, @Magilla! Methinks our Trastrick is losing it.

Lol

I'm certainly  losing the battle to get one of you armchair warmongers, to answer my question.

I have given my own opinion on how this thing will end, namely, in a (very) belated Cease Fire, to stop the endless slaughter and destruction, and a negotiated settlement, based on a compromise with all party's security interests. NATO, Ukraine and Russia. guaranteed and enforced by the United Nations.

So far, nobody apparently is able to present their opinion of how it will end.

All we have is the usual personal insults, to the abject delight of the "me too" clapping seals here.

Any of you armchair warriors like to give us YOUR opinion, on how this latest European War will actually end?

We know how you think it should end, Braveheart Zelensky victoriously pushes out the Russians from all Ukrainian territory, Putin suffers an ignominious retreat, and is shamed and overthrown, by the Russian people, and either summarily executed, or dragged in handcuffs before a World War Crimes Tribunal.

(But, this is not Netflix, possoms  :))

Anybody?

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Fair enough - don't know which way the two U.S. papers lean , but the Mail is renowned for, shall we say, 'dodgy' reporting.

The pertinent question is did Biden actually say that?

It's very easy to find out!  :)

17 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Lol

I'm certainly  losing the battle to get one of you armchair warmongers, to answer my question.

I have given my own opinion on how this thing will end, namely, in a (very) belated Cease Fire, to stop the endless slaughter and destruction, and a negotiated settlement, based on a compromise with all party's security interests. NATO, Ukraine and Russia. guaranteed and enforced by the United Nations.

So far, nobody apparently is able to present their opinion of how it will end.

All we have is the usual personal insults, to the abject delight of the "me too" clapping seals here.

Any of you armchair warriors like to give us YOUR opinion, on how this latest European War will actually end?

We know how you think it should end, Braveheart Zelensky victoriously pushes out the Russians from all Ukrainian territory, Putin suffers an ignominious retreat, and is shamed and overthrown, by the Russian people, and either summarily executed, or dragged in handcuffs before a World War Crimes Tribunal.

(But, this is not Netflix, possoms  :))

Anybody?

The pertinent question is did Biden actually say that?

It's very easy to find out!  :)

I'm no 'war-monger' my 'always right' friend, but you have to admit Russia invaded another country - on whatever pretext - and that is an act of war - unless you, of course, know better?

As I don't follow U.S. (or much, come to that) politics, I don't know the answer to your 'Biden' question we would need to listen to/or read a full of the exchanges. Amazing what selective editing could do to any 'precis'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

whats MSM

The MSM (also known as Fake News) are the ones in bed with left of center politicians, and promote the latest party line "narrative".

i.e.  The Russian Collusion Hoax

The MSM does exist, and a wise person recognizes that.

They have sufficient viewership that they are a major influence on public opinion.

Most people rely on them for their political news. Especially at election times.

It's wise to recognize what is an MSM, "narrative" and what is the truth.  Reporting based what "anonymous source say" should be especially scrutinized!

Best to get your news from a variety of sources.

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I'm no 'war-monger' my 'always right' friend, but you have to admit Russia invaded another country - on whatever pretext - and that is an act of war - unless you, of course, know better?

As I don't follow U.S. (or much, come to that) politics, I don't know the answer to your 'Biden' question we would need to listen to/or read a full of the exchanges. Amazing what selective editing could do to any 'precis'.

So no opinion on how the War will end, for the record!  Fair enough!

Next?  :)

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Pretext? How about defending ethnic Russians from being continually bombed and slaughtered by Ukraines armed forces? 

Please don't tell me they don't matter or its just 'disinformation' or something because all the information can still be found online. 

I've said before and I'll say again. At the root of this problem is America and NATO who agreed not to push East after the fall of the Berlin Wall. They lied and now here we are. 

4 minutes ago, trastrick said:

So no opinion on how the War will end, for the record!  Fair enough!

Next?  :)

No opinion, because I (or you) don't know.

I note with interest your lack of response to any other points.

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Pretext? How about defending ethnic Russians from being continually bombed and slaughtered by Ukraines armed forces? 

Please don't tell me they don't matter or its just 'disinformation' or something because all the information can still be found online. 

I've said before and I'll say again. At the root of this problem is America and NATO who agreed not to push East after the fall of the Berlin Wall. They lied and now here we are. 

Still an act of war.