Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

19 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Ah, I remember. Thanks for that. 

I remember thinking at the time, 'What a cop out' instead I said something like 'so you Have been in illegal wars' or something. 

And right there, that's your problem. 

And that's why I don't take you seriously 

Yes you did,  which was not your business and off topic.

I beg to differ   -   It's your problem, not mine,  if you choose to take the side of an enemy of the country you live in.   

I don't mind if you don't take me seriously.  That just means that you have nothing more to say,  which is what I'd gathered anyway.

13 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Thanks - although as it is delivered in American politik-speech, it is a tad difficult for a UK citizen to make sense of. What about the full report?

Here ya go!

Here's the bit:

https://youtu.be/t5mDLmo9OFU

Here's the full report:

https://youtu.be/-SKC_rvEXrY

Since it is "delivered" by the leader of the Free World, who has his finger on the Nuke button, it may wise to pay a little attention to what he says :)

Or ask a family member who watches American movies to tell you what he's on about!  :)

6 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Here ya go!

Here's the bit:

https://youtu.be/t5mDLmo9OFU

Here's the full report:

https://youtu.be/-SKC_rvEXrY

Since it is "delivered" by the leader of the Free World, who has his finger on the Nuke button, it may wise to pay a little attention to what he says :)

Or ask a family member who watches American movies to tell you what he's on about!  :)

My family (or at least, those I am in contact with) tend not to watch American movies, so that could be a tad difficult.

I note it is YouTube links, again - have they been edited?

13 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Replying after your edit - to the high-lighted bit. I'm glad you admit Russia committed an act of war.

Everyone, including my cat, knows that Russia invaded the Ukraine. And an Invasion is an Act of War!

It were in all t' papers.  :)

Countries have invaded other countries, since there were countries to invade.

The debate is usually about the excuses, reasons and justifications.

Edited by trastrick

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

Everyone, including my cat, knows that Russia invaded the Ukraine. And an Invasion is an Act of War!

It were in all t' papers.  :)

Countries have invaded other countries, since there were countries to invade.

The debate is usually about the excuses, reasons and justifications.

Or the fact?

11 hours ago, Longcol said:

Or that the people of eastern europe, once released from their vassal states, looked west and saw the superior standards of living and personal freedoms in western democracies and thought "we'll have some of that".

Trouble is it's not that easy.

Now they are finding out, what our grandparents had to sacrifice in blood and treasure to get and keep that freedom.

10 hours ago, RJRB said:

So to my mind the question is not so much how the war will end which I suspect will mean some loss of Ukraine territory to Russian control.

The big question is how long the war of attrition will continue.

No argument there!

The question is how long will it take the politicians, to come to the same conclusion as you and I. 

I suspect they are looking for an excuse to get out, without "losing face" before the next election cycle.

Looming over them is a guy running for President who brags he can end it in 24 hours, if elected. They have the distinct memory of another Republican who bragged he'd immediately end the Iran Hostage Crisis, if elected. He was elected, and the next day it was over.

In the meantime the slaughter and destruction continues indefinitely. It's about politics, not the lives of Ukrainians.

Edited by trastrick

8 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Don't you consider yourself to be a traitor to your own country ?

So Mr. *Pacifist/War Hero, (*who will fight to the death, if push comes to shove :)), when did Britain, declare war on Russia?

Opposing a war one doesn't agree with, by commenting on a public forum, is NOT treachery! 

You are the one in the wrong country for believing that Totalitarian nonsense!  :)

It's actually what all good *Pacifists should do! 

Edited by trastrick

48 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

My family (or at least, those I am in contact with) tend not to watch American movies, so that could be a tad difficult.

I note it is YouTube links, again - have they been edited?

I posted Biden's entire interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria, as released by CNN.

Believe it or not.

The important thing is that our enemies are able to understand "Americanese" even if it gives you and your family a little trouble.  :)

There's even a closed caption text running on the video for the hard of hearing!"  :)

51 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Or the fact?

No. I'm not aware of anybody disputing the fact that Russia invaded the Ukraine!

Are you?  :)

23 minutes ago, trastrick said:

So Mr. *Pacifist/War Hero, (who will fight to the death, if push comes to shove :)), when did Britain, declare war on Russia?

Opposing a war one doesn't agree with, by commenting on a public forum, is NOT treachery! 

You are the one in the wrong country for believing that Totalitarian nonsense!  :)

It's actually what all good *Pacifists should do! 

You can start by explaining where you get the "war hero" bit from ?

Secondly,  you can show me where I said  that Britain declared war on Russia.

You don't know that I've ever been in a war except as a child in WW2 and, even if I had  hero ?????????????????

You and Daddio need to stop making stories up and presenting them as facts..

What's wrong with fighting to the death if forced ?    Do you prefer the cowards way.  A lot of running and a lot of crying ?

You seem to suddenly take a delight out of quoting "pacifist" to me.  maybe I should quote "coward" to you. 

Edited by Organgrinder