Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You can start by explaining where you get the war hero bit from ?

Secondly,  you can show me where I said  that Britain declared war on Russia.

You don't know that I've ever been in a war except as a child in WW2 and, even if I had  hero ?????????????????

You and Daddio need to stop making stories up and presenting them as facts..

What's wrong with fighting to the death if forced ?    Do you prefer the cowards way.  A lot of running and a lot of crying ?

You seem to suddenly take a delight out of quoting "pacifist" to me.  maybe I should quote "coward" to you. 

And another war on Sheffield forum brakes out , 

19 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

And another war on Sheffield forum brakes out , 

It's not a war,  it's a discussion but,  it's the kind of thing that happens when some bloke, besotted by American presidents,  decides it's his right to tell Ukraine

that they must bow down and surrender their land to Putin.    I would guess he's a big John Wayne fan and thinks we're discussing a movie.

I reckon the Ukranian's  would soon put him in his place whilst he is busy,  trying to give their land away.

Edited by Organgrinder

4 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Secondly,  you can show me where I said  that Britain declared war on Russia.

You throw around words like "coward" and "treason" to those who use their free speech on a public forum  to oppose a war they don't agree with!

Hardly the sentiments of a Pacifist!  :)

What would you call the UK, the US, and the EU, who are presently still trading with the "enemy" Russia?

In the old days, that would be called treason.

You make up your own definitions as you go along!

You make less and less sense.  :)

47 minutes ago, trastrick said:

You throw around words like "coward" and "treason" to those who use their free speech on a public forum  to oppose a war they don't agree with!

Hardly the sentiments of a Pacifist!  :)

What would you call the UK, the US, and the EU, who are presently still trading with the "enemy" Russia?

In the old days, that would be called treason.

You make up your own definitions as you go along!

You make less and less sense.  :)

Maybe you can answer the points I made which I have reproduced below.  It might be easier to discuss if you stop putting wild lies on here and stick to facts

1  -  You can start by explaining where you get the war hero bit from ?

2  -  Secondly,  you can show me where I said  that Britain declared war on Russia.

You don't know that I've ever been in a war except as a child in WW2 and, even if I had,           hero ?????????????????

What's wrong with fighting to the death if forced ?    Do you prefer the cowards way.  A lot of running and a lot of crying ?

You seem to suddenly take a delight out of quoting "pacifist" to me.  maybe I should quote "coward" to you. 

Answers to 1 and 2 would be appreciated first

Edited by Organgrinder

1. B

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

Maybe you can answer the points I made which I have reproduced below.  It might be easier to discuss if you stop putting wild lies on here and stick to facts

1  -  You can start by explaining where you get the war hero bit from ?

2  -  Secondly,  you can show me where I said  that Britain declared war on Russia.

You don't know that I've ever been in a war except as a child in WW2 and, even if I had  hero ?????????????????

Answers to 1 and 2 would be appreciated first

Sorry, you've run out of time I'm willing to allot to deal with your nonsense!

Last word to you, and you can call it a "win" if you like.

(Cue the clapping seals!)  :)

Edited by trastrick

5 minutes ago, trastrick said:

1. B

Sorry, you've run out of time I'm willing to allot to deal with your nonsense!

Last word to you, and you can call it a "win" if you like.

(Cue the clapping seals!)  :)

Exactly as I expected.  Having been pinned down by the proof that you had no argument at all  ( just a pack of lies ),  you  do the usual runners job.   Yes,  I call it a win.

For the record you have a perfect right to be personally opposed to  the Ukraine war but,  you DO NOT have a right to impose your views on Ukranian's who are fighting for their lives

and,  you  DO NOT have a right to say that they should be made to surrender and give up their land to Russia.

You,  like me,  are a nobody,  when it comes to the dispute between Ukraine and Russia and have no right to dictate what should happen.

You should get your obsession with seals looked at too   -   funny fella

8 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Exactly as I expected.  Having been pinned down by the proof that you had no argument at all  ( just a pack of lies ),  you  do the usual runners job.   Yes,  I call it a win.

For the record you have a perfect right to be personally opposed to  the Ukraine war but,  you DO NOT have a right to impose your views on Ukranian's who are fighting for their lives

and,  you  DO NOT have a right to say that they should be made to surrender and give up their land to Russia.

You,  like me,  are a nobody,  when it comes to the dispute between Ukraine and Russia and have no right to dictate what should happen.

You should get your obsession with seals looked at too   -   funny fella

Weird, rather than funny.

30 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Weird, rather than funny.

I'm happy to wait, for what in my opinion, will an inevitable Cease Fire and diplomatic negotiations to arrive a settlement that takes ALL the directly  involved parties interests into account.

All the parties, would include the World at Large, Europe, Russia, Kiev, Crimea and the Donbas territories, rather than just Mr Zelenski's. (and his fans).

Not everybody will be happy, they never are. Like the Afghanistanis, Iraqians, Libyans, Syrians any may others, when the West abandoned them to the Totalitarians. 

But better a little unhappy, and rebuilding their homes and lives, than dead!

Which is what is happening now, while the West has all it's money riding on a Zelensky victory over Russia!

But some naysayers here  will try to find a way to say they were in favor of a compromise with Russia, all along!

That will be the fun part for me, if they are still around!

My only beef is how long it will take for the politicians to catch up with the grim reality.

It was already too long a year ago, and the death toll is still rising!

Call me weird!  :)

Edited by trastrick

7 minutes ago, trastrick said:

I'm happy to wait, for what in my opinion, will an inevitable Cease Fire and diplomatic negotiations to arrive a settlement that takes ALL the directly  involved parties interests into account.

All the parties, would include the World at Large, Europe, Russia, Kiev, Crimea and the Donbas territories, rather than just Mr Zelenski's. (and his fans).

Not everybody will be happy, they never are.

But better a little unhappy, and rebuilding their homes and lives, than dead!

Which is what is happening now, while the West has all it's money riding on a Zelensky victory over Russia!

But some naysayers here  will try to find a way to say they were in favor of a compromise with Russia, all along!

That will be the fun part for me, if they are still around!

My only beef is how long it will take for the politicians to catch up with the grim reality.

It was already too long a year ago, and the death toll is still rising!

Call me weird!  :)

Still think you are in charge of World peace do you ?

What a gift to the thinking world   -   God help us all

Weird ?   -   I think Rolling J understated you.

19 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Like claiming you were right because you predicted the sun was going to rise this morning... can anyone really be this daft?

No-one disputes that a settlement will eventually be made, or ever has. :?

It's clear, given your views and claims at the start of this thread, that the current situation now looks far more like the state of affairs detailed by many people here, none of which are you! :hihi: :thumbsup:

Edited by Magilla
  • Like 1