Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

All the more reason for NATO to keep out of it and just hit Russia with sanctions for now.

NATO will keep out of it, so long as Putin keeps it to Ukraine…I doubt that Putin will, however, and the Baltics are right to be invoking NATO Art.4.

2 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

I’m not sure the Ukraine army will put up a fight and to be honest I don’t blame them if they don’t, but I am out of my depth now on this war.

By real-time reports I’m seeing, the Ukraine army is giving as good as it’s getting, and has already knocked out Russian planes, helos and tanks, in particular around Schastya.

Meanwhile, a Russian artillery strike on Chuhuiv airport has hit a civilian block of flats, with confirmed casualties, including at least 1 fatality. So much “peacekeeping”.

7 minutes ago, L00b said:

NATO will keep out of it, so long as Putin keeps it to Ukraine…I doubt that Putin will, however, and the Baltics are right to be invoking NATO Art.4.

By real-time reports I’m seeing, the Ukraine army is giving as good as it’s getting, and has already knocked out Russian planes, helos and tanks, in particular around Schastya.

Meanwhile, a Russian artillery strike on Chuhuiv airport has hit a civilian block of flats, with confirmed casualties, including at least 1 fatality. So much “peacekeeping”.

If that’s the case and the Ukraine army are fighting back I hope they do give them a run for their money.  

57 minutes ago, L00b said:

Some Russia/Putin apologists should get a bad case of red faces this morning.

Russia and Belarus are conducting a war of aggression against the whole of Ukraine since around 05:00.

Very true, but the usual suspects will still deny reality.

They still cling to the (public) schoolboy fantasy that Russia is a Communist state...it is not. It is a Mafia state., as the night's events prove.

It is funny, as in my twenties/thirties I used to think like Stop The War Coalition (that everything is the fault of the colonial West)...but no longer.

Job arrived, tax arrived, house arrived, kids arrived and I grew up and really started to understand the world.

The West should deploy every economic measure we have. Russia will turn even more to China...but so be it.

The West should ban all Russian nationals from entering all European countries...as someone in The Guardian has suggested.

No more swanning over to the West to educate your kids, hobnob at Ascot, ski at Verbier (all recorded on Instragram).

Putin's dogs bodies can go back and live in Russia all year.

They will soon put some pressure on Putin when their cushy Western consumer lifestyle is impacted.

Close down Russia Today...it is no better than Lord Haw Haw.

And the West urgently needs to wean itself off China...although that is not easily done.

30 years of "outsourcing" chickens are coming home to roost.

Taiwan will be the next target. The West should support them as much as possible.

The only silver lining is this is waking up the West to see that Russia (and China) can never be trusted.

Even the Germans have woken up.

We need to stick together over here in the West and with our numerous allies all around the world.

Increase defence spending, reinforce NATO, build Rolls Royce modular reactors as fast as we can, buy from our real friends all over the world where we can etc.

Where is Gorbachev when you need him?...although Putin would no doubt have him poisoned with Thalium if he did anything but agree with him.

Putin is a tyrant.

Putin has just pushed us all back to 1983 and DefCon 4.

What a waste of 31 years.

I am flippin angry!

18 hours ago, trastrick said:

So far Joe Biden has got a pass from the MSM on his latest foreign policy debacle, just like he gets a pass on his COVID death toll.

Do an Einstein thought experiment:

Imagine if it was Trump in the White House. How would the MSM react?

Lol

More importantly Trump says Putin’s aggression against Ukraine is an act of “genius,”.

"Here’s a guy who’s very savvy”  he continued.

This is how he described his Presidential Summit with Putin “He liked me. I liked him.”

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

All the more reason for NATO to keep out of it and just hit Russia with sanctions for now.

I’m not sure the Ukraine army will put up a fight and to be honest I don’t blame them if they don’t, but I am out of my depth now on this war.

You're not alone.

So is Biden.

Big talk, no action. Sanctions AFTER the fact.

Done deal! Update your maps, Color Ukraine red.