Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

What is worrying are the very close parallels between what is happening now and what happened in the run up to WWII, particularly over Czechoslovakia. The fact the recent conference was held in Munich is chillingly ironic.

One other point, I admit I was cynical about the government's warnings over Russia, partly because of their scaremongering over Covid of nearly two years means I do not really take anything they say at face value any more. In fact it goes even further because I am cynical about pretty much everything they say now, incl (man made) climate change.

image.png.c0e5e6cbe8a5ab2f8d734bf68ea8d6

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

More importantly Trump says Putin’s aggression against Ukraine is an act of “genius,”.

"Here’s a guy who’s very savvy”  he continued.

This is how he described his Presidential Summit with Putin “He liked me. I liked him.”

The Trumps and Putin go back many years to the time when the Soviet Union disintigrated , Trump helped Putin and his KGB  cronies to stash away all the money ,  They set up false company's in Switzerland and the UK  , the money is still in the same place , The whole situation goes back years and some big names in the West also have a lot to lose .

Edited by cuttsie

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

What is worrying are the very close parallels between what is happening now and what happened in the run up to WWII, particularly over Czechoslovakia. The fact the recent conference was held in Munich is chillingly ironic.

One other point, I admit I was cynical about the government's warnings over Russia, partly because of their scaremongering over Covid of nearly two years means I do not really take anything they say at face value any more. In fact it goes even further because I am cynical about pretty much everything they say now, incl (man made) climate change.

image.png.c0e5e6cbe8a5ab2f8d734bf68ea8d6

I'm afraid this is my problem too.  And I'm sure it applies to many other people as well.

We simply don't know who to believe and who to trust, so we trust no one.

Time was when we expected governments to work in our best interests and tell the truth.

We've been let down so often, that no longer seems to apply.

We are just expected to pay our taxes, (which are wasted) and shut up. That's all we're good for, we have very little say in anything.

Edited by Anna B

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

More importantly Trump says Putin’s aggression against Ukraine is an act of “genius,”.

"Here’s a guy who’s very savvy”  he continued.

This is how he described his Presidential Summit with Putin “He liked me. I liked him.”

Carrot and stick diplomacy.

Kept the world at peace for a while. No invasions, no new wars.

Reuters

In abrupt switch, Trump cancels Putin meeting, cites Ukraine ...

https://www.reuters.com › article › us-g20-summit-trum...

Nov 29, 2018 — ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday abruptly canceled a planned meeting with Russian President Vladimir ...

NYT

"In the Trump administration’s telling, its missile strike on a Syrian airfield and its dropping of the so-called mother of all bombs over Afghanistan were more than military missions.

They were a signal of American resolve, and of President Trump’s willingness to use force, that would deter adversaries worldwide.

“The world witnessed the strength and resolve of our new president in actions taken in Syria and Afghanistan,” Vice President Mike Pence said in a speech in South Korea, adding, “North Korea would do well not to test his resolve.”

Sebastian Gorka, a deputy assistant to the president, went further, saying the American attack on a Syrian air base served as a warning to leaders in Russia, Iran and North Korea: “With just one strike, that message was sent to all those capitals, all those people.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/21/world/do-us-strikes-send-a-message-to-rivals-theres-no-evidence.html

Obama/Biden gave Putin a piece of the Ukraine,

Gave U.S. Approval for their European gas pipeline.

"Biden has repeatedly said he wants a stable and predictable relationship with Russia. On Monday, he called Putin "tough" and "bright" and said he's a "worthy adversary." -NPR

Described Ukraine invasion threat as "minor incursions"

Biden said before the invasion, "Let me be clear".....we have no intention of fighting Russia"

All carrot, and no stick!

So welcome to the rest of Ukraine, Mr. Putin!

Now, after horse has left the stable, he says he will stop the Russian gas Pipeline.

But are the Euros going to give their needed fossil fuel supplies up so easily? They opposed Ukraine's NATO bid.

Lol

Edited by trastrick

2 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I'm afraid this is my problem too.  And I'm sure it applies to many other people as well.

We simply don't know who to believe and who to trust, so we trust no one.

Time was when we expected governments to work in our best interests and tell the truth.

We've been let down so often, that no longer seems to apply.

We are just expected to pay our taxes, (which are wasted) and shut up. That's all we're good for. 

Been like that for centuries Anna, the elite will always rule, while us peasants toe the line.

So Putin is going to de nazify Ukraine by using every tactic out of Hitlers playbook then. Surely the poor sods in Russia don’t believe this BS. The average Joe who probably has friends and relatives in Ukraine must realise that they have a nutter at the wheel. Meanwhile the collection of burnt out Russian armour increases, well done and good luck Ukraine.

14 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The Trumps and Putin go back many years to the time when the Soviet Union disintigrated , Trump helped Putin and his KGB  cronies to stash away all the money ,  They set up false company's in Switzerland and the UK  , the money is still in the same place , The whole situation goes back years and some big names in the West also have a lot to lose .

True, but it also gives us some leverage.

I think our best way of attack is to confiscate the Russian Oligarch's money, there's tons of it is sloshing about in London. 

Hit them in the pocket and freeze their accounts.

I'd also think about restricting their movements/locking them up as enemy aliens.