Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

1 minute ago, cressida said:

I was thinking that NATO could have said it was 'off the table' at least for now,  it would have saved lives.

Trump believes if he was still the president Russia wouldn't have invaded!

It doesn't add up. They should say it. The only benefit to Ukraine joining is it would be easier to attack Russia.

They cheated Trump out of the election, I would stake my life on it, because they wanted him out of the way.

3 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

It doesn't add up. They should say it. The only benefit to Ukraine joining is it would be easier to attack Russia.

They cheated Trump out of the election, I would stake my life on it, because they wanted him out of the way.

The benefit to Ukraine joining NATO is Russia wouldn't attack Ukraine. That is why Ukraine want to join - it's the same reason the former soviet Baltic states and former Warsaw pact countries had for joining it.

They didn't cheat Trump out of an election. He lost fair and square but is too much of a baby to accept it.

Edited by altus
Added Trump bit.

12 minutes ago, altus said:

Nonsense. Putin promised to respect Ukraine's borders in the past. He broke that promise when he annexed Crimea. Putin has now said Ukraine shouldn't exists as country separate from Russia. No amount of promises from NATO or anyone else were going to stop him from invading.

Exactly.

Putin says he is saving ordinary Ukrainians from their Facist government.

He is the Facist...

51 minutes ago, crazyhorse said:

They don't want to amend their world view.

Most people have the ability to learn from their mistakes and listen to other's opinions and alter their outlook on life and that shows maturity and a well rounded individual.

Others are so rigid in their dogma, they never accept change and cling ever harder to their "Gods" as their worldview fades into history.

Indeed, it’s absolutely gobsmacking how dim some people on here are.

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Why not settle it the old fashioned way ,  Mano y Mano .  President of Russia , Vladimir Putin V Mayor of Kiev ,  Vitali  Klitschko . Winner takes all 

Good idea.

Putin can even get to strip to the waist and ride into the ring on his horse, which he seems to get pleasure from.

1 minute ago, altus said:

The benefit to Ukraine joining NATO is Russia wouldn't attack Ukraine. That is why Ukraine want to join - it's the same reason the former soviet Baltic states and former Warsaw pact countries had for joining it.

Well then with that attitude it's war. I don't know how many times it has to be said that a country wouldn't allow it's biggest enemy to move missiles with 5 minutes of their capital. No country would allow it, it's virtually surrendering.

Just now, SheffieldBricky said:

If NATO stated many years ago that there was no intention to invite Ukraine to join NATO none of this would have happened.  I've not interest in the contents of your head.

What would have stopped Putin developing the opinion that Ukraine shouldn't exists as country separate from Russia? He wants to rebuild the Russian Empire, not just the Soviet Union.