Ukraine: Invasion Imminent?

4 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Ask your selves why the more severe sanctions have not been imposed on the Russian Gangster money launderers in our and other Countries , Is it because there are many hands in the pie .

Good eye, Cuttsie.

For the same reason the Biden crowd will NOT impose sanctions on Russian Oil and Gas exports.

Their guy on tv yesterday, at the WH Press Conference when asked about that said, "our sanctions were not designed in any way to disrupt the current flow of Russia's energy to the World"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFV2Fc74eQU

Business as usual.

They know who their big donors friends are, and there's an election coming up! 

If there's a major oil shortage, by the Mid Terms, they are all dead!

Lol

Edited by trastrick

23 minutes ago, trastrick said:

It's a done deal!

Ukraine has been brought back into the Russian fold.

No point in prolonging the killing.

Like when Putin invaded Crimea, and the West sent them blankets! It disappeared from the news quickly, and the MSM went on with more click worthy stuff, like Greta's climate change, Afghanistan, and that old stand by Trump Investigations.  :)

In a couple of months the hype will have died down, and we'll be back to U.S. Elections, World Cup, and more Climate Change and Trump News.

The corporate news media are in the business of selling insurance, phones, hamburgers, cars and over the counter miracle cures  :)

And today's generations have the attention span of a gnat!  :)

That might be the case for some on their balmy tropical island.

The general population in Europe and wider afield will have the constant reminder of a significant rise in fuel policy and costs and whatever ramifications from sanctions and counter sanctions.

Not just fuel, but other key materials .

So return to another “normal” in a few months is your pipe dream

Just now, RJRB said:

The general population in Europe and wider afield will have the constant reminder of a significant rise in fuel policy and costs and whatever ramifications from sanctions and counter sanctions.

I agree and as stated earlier it would make hardly any difference to Russia or its economy which is what imposing sanctions are about.

This conflict I think will go on for a few years and Putin seems to be gambling the fact that sanctions will harm Europe more than Russia.

4 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Not at all what I posted.

I said Ukraine, like Afghanistan will be old news to the MSM and their audience.

There will be no return to "normal" for a long time, at least until they get the incompetents out of their bungling Leadership of the Free World!

6 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

I agree and as stated earlier it would make hardly any difference to Russia or its economy which is what imposing sanctions are about.

This conflict I think will go on for a few years and Putin seems to be gambling the fact that sanctions will harm Europe more than Russia.

Looks like Putin is winning that gamble.

Can't be more clearer than this:

Their guy on tv yesterday, at the WH Press Conference when asked about that said, "our sanctions were not designed in any way to disrupt the current flow of Russia's energy to the World"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFV2Fc74eQU

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I can remember going to Tenerife about 5 years ago (you know, when we were actually allowed to travel with out a load of ballcox) and we met a Russian family on the beach. They very friendly and everything and they actually lived in Belgium, so one would have thought they'd be more internationalist and less nationalistic, plus they would have had easy access to "Western" media. Yet I was amazed, and very worried, to hear they were Putin fans..... They seemed surprised when I told them I did not like him at all.

Saw a few myself in Cyprus a couple of years ago.

Strutting men with leather jackets and severe haircuts and tarty women blinged up.

All the stereotypes are true.

Another reason why Cyprus is reluctant to impose sanctions.

Their dirty money is everywhere.

42 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Sensibley put fella

I agree. The Russian people should be our allies in this.

The media isn't being honest about the history. There was a lot of pressure from the EU and NATO in 2014 to remove the elected President who was pro Russian. He agreed to have an election. But BEFORE the election was run he was overthrown in a coup. 

The CIA will be deeply involved in creating this problem. They've been creating fake revolutions in the middle east for decades. Not that the one in Ukraine was fake but they will have been assisting. They funded and armed ISIS in Syria in the hope they'd bring Assad down. Then they'd send troops in to kill all the terrorists and install a puppet leader. 

The media also needs to be honest about some aspects of the Ukraine army. They are Nazis and proud of it.

The best thing we can do is stay out, let Putin take the two areas who want to be part of Russia and then see what happens.

36 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

The media isn't being honest about the history. There was a lot of pressure from the EU and NATO in 2014 to remove the elected President who was pro Russian. He agreed to have an election. But BEFORE the election was run he was overthrown in a coup. 

The CIA will be deeply involved in creating this problem. They've been creating fake revolutions in the middle east for decades. Not that the one in Ukraine was fake but they will have been assisting. They funded and armed ISIS in Syria in the hope they'd bring Assad down. Then they'd send troops in to kill all the terrorists and install a puppet leader. 

The media also needs to be honest about some aspects of the Ukraine army. They are Nazis and proud of it.

The best thing we can do is stay out, let Putin take the two areas who want to be part of Russia and then see what happens.

We will stay out of it, Putin has given Biden no choice in the matter!  :)

And that's a good thing for the World right now.

Long term, not so good for our other marginal allies and democracies bordering the Totalitarians, Communists, and militant Islamists. Eastern Europe, Baltics, Middle East, S. Korea, Taiwan, et al.

But I'm an optimist.

One day the adults will be back in charge!

Edited by trastrick

Just now, trastrick said:

We will stay out of it, Putin has given Biden no choice in the matter!  :)

And that's a good thing for the World right now.

Long term, not so good!

I saw an interview with Congressman Andy Biggs who said even if Russia invaded Lithuania he doubts if the US would get involved. The American people are sick of wars.

5 minutes ago, SheffieldBricky said:

I saw an interview with Congressman Andy Biggs who said even if Russia invaded Lithuania he doubts if the US would get involved. The American people are sick of wars.

This Me Generation has no stomach for war.

Maybe if they tried to take their Iphones away  :)