Are Supermarkets Contributing To The Waste Of Food?

32 minutes ago, iansheff said:

It is the inconvenience of going to another store when  Asda is easier to park and I have got my shopping. I just looked on the Asda website and this is the one pint they have, I have never heard of it.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/semi-skimmed-milk/grahams-semi-skimmed-milk/1000272271996

I can understand that. The 1pt Grahams milk is what I normally get at my local ASDA as I'm not a big milk user and even have some powdered milk and coffee creamer handy just in case.

1 hour ago, Hecate said:

Buy the bag of carrots, use what you need, then chop and blanch and freeze the rest.  I do that for making carrot and lentil soup.

When Ive got any bread left over,   I  chuck it the garden for the birds or if I am due to go for a walk around Rothervalley I take it for the ducks ect same with any other food stuff I bag it up and chuck it in the wooded area for other species of wild life, my last resort is binning it.

4 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

When Ive got any bread left over,   I  chuck it the garden for the birds or if I am due to go for a walk around Rothervalley I take it for the ducks ect same with any other food stuff I bag it up and chuck it in the wooded area for other species of wild life, my last resort is binning it.

Story from 2012 

Apple core litter fine angers County Down driver - BBC New

4 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Im placing left over bits of food on the floor in a wooded area or feeding ducks ect  surrounding me from a park bench not chucking stuff out of a moving car window so I can't see  why you attached  that link to my post.  :huh:

Part of the guy's defence was the apple was biodegradable and a source of food to wild life.

If we ignore the car part of it the same reasoning is not that dissimilar to yours.

Keep safe 8) .

22 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Part of the guy's defence was the apple was biodegradable and a source of food to wild life.

If we ignore the car part of it the same reasoning is not that dissimilar to yours.

Keep safe 8) .

I know where your comi

Millions of people  around the world  feed birds in parks, zoos ect, the police have past me whilst they are  riding on horse back around Rothervalley and never said to anything to me on seeing me feeding wild life, so the case in question must have been swayed by chucking stuff from a moving  car or otherwise  millions of grannies and parents with their children feedig ducks ect doing the same as me would get done every day.  Cheers for the link but I will carry on feeding wild life especially at this time year like I have done for the last 60 years.

The way that supermarkets overstock food in order to appease customers is a disgrace. It is high time that they were required to minimmise their own waste and that of their customers.

@iansheff. If you want to do something about the waste that supermarkets cause, pop into Foodworks and get yourself a box of discarded supermarket produce for a pound. Open to anyone, not a food bank.

https://thefoodworks.org/handsworth/

Edited by sibon

21 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I know where your comi

Millions of people  around the world  feed birds in parks, zoos ect, the police have past me whilst they are  riding on horse back around Rothervalley and never said to anything to me on seeing me feeding wild life, so the case in question must have been swayed by chucking stuff from a moving  car or otherwise  millions of grannies and parents with their children feedig ducks ect doing the same as me would get done every day.  Cheers for the link but I will carry on feeding wild life especially at this time year like I have done for the last 60 years.

And quite rightly so Presley keep up the good work.

We were lucky to have lived at my Grans when we were young.

Her house backed straight on to woods, we were amazed with the robin that came for bacon rind into her kitchen every morning, and a squirrel that would only come as far as the back door.

Happy Daze 8) .  

6 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

And quite rightly so Presley keep up the good work.

We were lucky to have lived at my Grans when we were young.

Her house backed straight on to woods, we were amazed with the robin that came for bacon rind into her kitchen every morning, and a squirrel that would only come as far as the back door.

Happy Daze 8) .  

Rockers by adding a link and no words puzzeld me,  I was thinking I had done something wrong or summat, :hihi:  lìke I mentioned during winter months our little pals out there who can't call in a supermarket for food, need little help sometimes, The winter has not been to severe this year, snow wise, up to now that is,  but those that do not hibernate risk a chance of  starving,  hence the word food chain,  I aim at parks and woodlands not urban areas due to fear of encouraging rats, our urban freinds like the fox are capable of fending for them selves due to growing confidence amongst humans which enables them to pick and choose when to look for food than being restricted to short hours in the dead of night.