Should Teachers Be Allowed To Express Political Beliefs?

9 minutes ago, melthebell said:

ive had that arguement before with somebody at work due to me being veggie and my kids not eating meat when young. Meat is only seen to be eaten as normal due to tradition nothing more, whether its meat or vegetarian, food is food. If parents at home eat meat the children are indoctrinated to eat meat and vice versa.

Being shown a different way is good i think, it gives choice, it shows theres more roads to go down than the narrow straight one.

Thats like telling a tiger to only eat carrots

Human beings are meat eating mammals 

If anything being a veggie or vegan is unnatural 

16 minutes ago, Anna B said:

You might be forgiven for thinking that when I see all the biased guff written in the Daily Mail etc. who really seem to have it in for teachers. I see you all assume that it's left wing bias that is being 'indoctrinated,' but in my own experience most teachers are a bit middle class, rather than left wing, and all would try to present a balanced view of things.

The Daily Mail must be very grateful for their left wing following, I’ve no idea who supports who, however I’ve never met a none private Ed Tory teacher.

4 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Thats like telling a tiger to only eat carrots

Human beings are meat eating mammals 

If anything being a veggie or vegan is unnatural 

no we arent, we are herbivores, our bodies aren't made like carnivores like dogs and tigers etc, our teeth and intestines arent the same

Edited by melthebell

Teachers should not teach their own opinion but stick to the curriculum. About 25 years ago when our daughter was about 15 she was coming home and giving her dad some grief. She said "when I am 16 you can't tell me what to do anymore", "men can't tell women what to do", "men dominate women". For weeks she was getting worse about men being sexist etc. I challenged her about all this and found out it was her female teacher that was teaching this. Parents evening came along and when I met the teacher concerned, my husband sat quiet, whilst I gave her hell. My husband is far from what my daughter had been taught about men. My daughter understood what she had listened to was wrong and apologised. She didn't need to apologise for what her teacher had taught her.

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

No worries. I often forget the term myself. 

had to be in at 8 at work today so a bit tired and mi heads fuzzy, and working on a ship in this weather it also makes yer head fuzzy lol

Got music and magners to chill out now though

Just now, melthebell said:

had to be in at 8 at work today so a bit tired and mi heads fuzzy, and working on a ship in this weather it also makes yer head fuzzy lol

Got music and magners to chill out now though

You're a braver man than me. I'd never go on a ship in bad weather.

As for the magners,, good choice 👌